Anytime dining on Carnival Legend

I'm sure this has been addressed a million times here, but my eyes are bloodshot from reading all weekend after discovering this forum. What exactly does anytime dining mean? Is it in the main dining room? We booked late so we ended up with the late dinner seating. We prefer the main seating and we prefer to dine alone (anniversary cruise). Normally we check in at the dining room when we arrive to make sure they have us at a table for two, but the anytime dining sounds terrific. Is there an average wait time? Is it the same menu? Thanks in advance for help and advice.

One of the restaurants will have anytime dining. You just go there when it's convenient for you to eat and they will seat you. Probably half of the restaurant will be regular seating and half anytime. The menus are exactly the same. The wait can be very short, but also can be long. It depends on when you arrive. Anytime opens at 5:45 and generally does not have a long line waiting. You can request a table for 2 If available you are seated right away, if none are available, they'll give you a wait time. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much for the information. Is anytime dining a service you request prior to the cruise, or are you allowed to have a seating time then choose the anytime on a day by day basis?

Yes, you request prior to the cruise.

Once you have an assigned dining (Early, Late or Your Time), that's what you'll have for the duration.

If you don't like what you get, see the MD on embark day. He'll change for you if at all possible.

One of the restaurants will have anytime dining. You just go there when it's convenient for you to eat and they will seat you. Probably half of the restaurant will be regular seating and half anytime. The menus are exactly the same. The wait can be very short, but also can be long. It depends on when you arrive. Anytime opens at 5:45 and generally does not have a long line waiting. You can request a table for 2 If available you are seated right away, if none are available, they'll give you a wait time. Enjoy your cruise.

The Legend is a Spirit-class ship, so there is only the one dining room. When we were on it last October, the lower level of the restaurant was used for the assigned seating and the upstairs was used for Anytime Dining.

Thanks so much for the information. Is anytime dining a service you request prior to the cruise, or are you allowed to have a seating time then choose the anytime on a day by day basis?

You can request it prior to the cruise just like Early/Late seating.

You request your preferred seating when you book your cruise. If available, they will book it for you. If you receive a seating that you do not like, you can request a change with the MD on the afternoon your board. I've always received good service with anytime dining. If I ever have exceptional service, I would tip extra. That has only happened once.

The seating you receive on your S&S card, is the seating you will keep for the entire cruise, unless you have it changed by the MD.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

You request ATD when you book your cruise instead of early or late dining. We've only done it once but liked the flexibility and are doing it again on our upcoming cruise in April. We didn't have very long wait times and when we did they gave us a pager and we went to the bar or somewhere to sit and wait. We only had the pager on the first elegant night. We also requested the same waiter/team each night and they were able to accommodate us with minimal to no wait. There were 3 of us and each night we sat at a 4-top with just the 3 of us.

If it is still available you should be able to change from late to ATD. If it is full you may be able to go onto a waitlist or check with the maître d' when you get onboard to see if you can switch.

In my experience there are very few 2 tops for assigned dining. If you want to be seated alone your best bet is anytime. During peak times, even that won't have any 2's or you'll have to wait.

People on Legend started lining up for anytime at 5:15pm! I went solo and was able to be seated alone all but once, usually going in about 6pm. Server was Fernando and he and his 2 assistants really made dining special, like the good old days!

Good to know. Thanks for the advice. We have never had a problem with seating for two before, however, we booked late for this cruise. We've sailed on the dream three times and they have a large supply of two tops. They all say wait list right now. I'll guess I'll attempt to speak with the matre d' when we board. The table for two takes priority over the time for us.