Rooming in a room you not registered under, please help

Hi All,

First time on the forum and have a question that I can get answers and suggestions for.

I will be going on the Curise on a 3-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream. I am going with my family and we are booking several rooms. Instead of booking my mom her own room, we decided on the Concierge Suite to get a bigger space (200-300 sqft each vs 600 sqft total). The question is, my mom will be staying with us in the Concierge Suite but adding her will cost ~$700 BUT if I add her to my sister's room which is a family room, it will only cost ~$350 so a savings of $300. She will still stay with us but registered in another room. Is there going to be an issue or it wont matter? Any suggestion? Is paying the extra $350 worth it? Thanks everyone!

Kenny

You can go to customer service /pursers desk upon arrival and ask for an extra room key only. She'll just have to use the assigned room card as her sail n sign pass as the other will be only a room key. I've done this on almost every cruise I've taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick responses. I will most likely book my mom in under a different room but will run through the perks for the Concierge room to make sure my mom is not missing much.

CruiserBruce - Now worries, I am booking room for my sister also so we can sort out the charges.

lesley_willis1971 - Thanks for the tip, didn't think about if I will be able to get an extra key.

notentirelynormal - Great! Thought it would be something that could complicate the trip but sounds like it is a common occurrence.

Thanks again! Additional tips or suggestions are welcomed. :)

Kenny

Once you are onboard, no one cares who sleeps where, or with whom!!

LOL! So very true!:eek:

Just go and get an extra key to your cabin so mom can get in and out. She can use her sail and sign card from the other cabin to charge whatever she wants to on it. You and the family can sort out her charges later.

JMHO...I would tip your room steward and the concierge a little extra at the end of the cruise.

Hope you and the family have a wonderful cruise!:D

Edited by mousey

• 2 months later...