Princess Kids Club on Port Days

sc6103

Hours of Operation

Sea Days Hours of Operation:

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. (Group Kidsitting for ages 3 - 12*; Teen Program complimentary)

Port Day Hours of Operation:

8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. †

6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. (Group Kidsitting for ages 3 - 12*; Teen Program complimentary)

† A supervised, complimentary lunch service is available with parent consent.

I know they will give them lunch on port days, but do they provide them with any food or drink any other time? I have very thirsty grandsons.

On the Sapphire I recall them having water and disposable cups available in the youth centers at all times.

Other than water, and the supervised meals on the schedule (few and far between, usually a formal night "Kids Dinner" and the supervised port day lunch) there is no food or drink given or allowed in the youth center due to allergy concerns. The supervised meals are all off-site (the buffet, typically). If kiddies arrive holding any kind of food or drink they will be asked to finish it before being allowed to sign in.

On the Sapphire I recall them having water and disposable cups available in the youth centers at all times.

Other than water, and the supervised meals on the schedule (few and far between, usually a formal night "Kids Dinner" and the supervised port day lunch) there is no food or drink given or allowed in the youth center due to allergy concerns. The supervised meals are all off-site (the buffet, typically). If kiddies arrive holding any kind of food or drink they will be asked to finish it before being allowed to sign in.

My daughter turned 7 the week before our cruise on the Sapphire and we put down for a birthday in the CP. I asked the kids' staff if we can bring the cake to that room so she can share it with the other kids. We were told no because of the possible of a mess and also because of allergies.

I believe that the kid's club is open longer on port days in places like Europe, etc. when some of the excursions are 12 hours long, etc. But only for those on Princess-offered excursions.

I have booked a Med cruise for next year and will be taking a 7 year old who will not cope wit the long excursion days but I don't want to do the Princess excursions because I like more private ones where I can tweak the itinerary to my liking. So question is if my child can not stay in the kids club longer do they have any paid babysitting service that can be used instead?

I have booked a Med cruise for next year and will be taking a 7 year old who will not cope wit the long excursion days but I don't want to do the Princess excursions because I like more private ones where I can tweak the itinerary to my liking. So question is if my child can not stay in the kids club longer do they have any paid babysitting service that can be used instead?

The only paid babysitting on Princess is in the youth centers from 10 PM-1 AM for kids ages 3-12 (teen programs are free). They do not offer any in cabin or private babysitting.

That said, I'm not certain port programming is always subject to "Princess Tours only". My MIL dropped our sons off in one port to go out exploring on her own. However, it was not an extended port day so I'm not certain they would offer extended hours beyond 8-5 for non-Princess tours.

I don't believe so. You either have to take your child with you on non-Princess excursions (that exceed normal port day kid club schedule) or take the Princess excursion (I was told this by the head of the kid's club on my last cruise).

The only paid babysitting on Princess is in the youth centers from 10 PM-1 AM for kids ages 3-12 (teen programs are free). They do not offer any in cabin or private babysitting.

That said, I'm not certain port programming is always subject to "Princess Tours only". My MIL dropped our sons off in one port to go out exploring on her own. However, it was not an extended port day so I'm not certain they would offer extended hours beyond 8-5 for non-Princess tours.

I think that's right. The head of the kid's club said as long as the excursion is during normal port hours then that's fine. It's just when someone has, let's say, a 10 excursion (private, non-Princess) that exceeds the normal port hours - that's the problem - they only take Princess excursion "kids" in that circumstance.