Great Stirrup Cay

Monkeymom1010

Was wondering how you can rent a Clam Shell? Can it be reserved in advance? Also if you do the Hippo Slide can you just book for the kids only and not adults as we won't go on that. Thanks
Don't know about the hippo but if you wanta get a clamshell and your cruising NCL, you've gotta go to the excursion desk when you get onboard!;)

The clam shell was $35.00, can book at excursion desk, we had conciergne do it. Keep in mind (at least when we were there a couple weeks ago) they are very hot inside, there are some that have a net like back to them, others (like we had) have a solid canvas back. Look for one with the netting back, could be cooler.

We waited until we got on the island and rented one right there. They just had us pick out the one we wanted and sign for it just like you do for beverages. I thought it was somewhere between $30-$35. It had a net on the back and two lounge chairs under it.

~Joanne

Did you really feel you needed it? I've read that you can get shade from trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't recall many trees at the beach area of GSC. Yes there are some on the island but not many near the beach area where all the chairs are set up. We didn't have one but had said that if we do another cruise that included a stop at GSC we would definitely get one.

We waited until we got on the island and rented one right there. They just had us pick out the one we wanted and sign for it just like you do for beverages. I thought it was somewhere between $30-$35. It had a net on the back and two lounge chairs under it.

~Joanne

Sometimes they sell out though, so if you really want one, do it as soon as you board,.

We have been twice, last time was last year. It was before they finished most of their new changes to the island. Both times we got a clamshell, but I think it was before they added more beach space and chairs and clamshells. I will say there is the added benefit of the priority tender if you think you want to get there as soon as possible :). We ended up sleeping in so it didn't really matter.