What can I bring on for drinks?

J_Viggy

Am I correct that each individual can bring:

1 750 ml bottle wine

12 pack bottles of soda

12 pack bottles of water

Can 1 person bring all of the above?

Thanks. We are going on our first cruise in 37 days. (Not that I'm doing a count down or anything!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am I correct that each individual can bring:

1 750 ml bottle wine

12 pack bottles of soda

12 pack bottles of water

Can 1 person bring all of the above?

Thanks. We are going on our first cruise in 37 days. (Not that I'm doing a count down or anything!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you are fine with the bottle of wine (assuming the guest is 21+) and either water OR soda. From the FAQ's on carnival.com it states a "small amount":

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

Edited by happy cruzin