Check-in from Disney Resort

HappyPig

We are embarking on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy, 5/31! We are v. ecstatic for this trip! We booked our trip through a AAA travel agent, bookending our cruise with 2-3 days at AKL on either end.

My question is: can we check in for cruise and get key cards at the resort before we leave on the DCL motor coach? We did not book as "Land and Sea" package. Will we miss anything not standing in line for check in for the cruise? We aren't super stressed about time, but would prefer not to be in lines any longer than we have to. TIA!!:) (sorry if explored elsewhere on the site, I am a newbie and still learning :o)

We are embarking on our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy, 5/31! We are v. ecstatic for this trip! We booked our trip through a AAA travel agent, bookending our cruise with 2-3 days at AKL on either end.

My question is: can we check in for cruise and get key cards at the resort before we leave on the DCL motor coach? We did not book as "Land and Sea" package. Will we miss anything not standing in line for check in for the cruise? We aren't super stressed about time, but would prefer not to be in lines any longer than we have to. TIA!!:) (sorry if explored elsewhere on the site, I am a newbie and still learning :o)

No, all check ins for the cruise itself are done at the port. Used to be able to do that, but not in quite a while.

No, you cannot check in for the cruise at a resort regardless of how you booked. Several years ago, for a very brief time, this was tried...but then discontinued. And, of course, in 1998 land/sea packages could supposedly check in at the resort but the system wasn't always working (never worked for us!)

Bottom line, at this point, you will need to check in at the port. By the time you arrive using DCL transfers from WDW, the lines should be minimal.

Oh my gosh, Thank you! One less thing to worry about. Again, we are too thrilled. I know Disney even makes lines interesting for patrons. Again, many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No' date=' you cannot check in for the cruise at a resort regardless of how you booked. Several years ago, for a very brief time, this was tried...but then discontinued. And, of course, in 1998 land/sea packages could supposedly check in at the resort but the system wasn't always working (never worked for us!)

Bottom line, at this point, you will need to check in at the port. By the time you arrive using DCL transfers from WDW, the lines should be minimal.[/quote']

Yes this is correct from what we did

I do not think the OP question is connected to online check in, it's more about the day of embarkation of the cruise which is at the port where you get your card keys for the cruise, in the past you could get these at the WDW resort, we did this once a long time back, saved check in at the terminal.

On line check in just saves time when you do the in person check in at the terminal. Everyone checks in at the terminal, whether they did on line or not.

As above, OP was asking about checking in at a WDW resort (can't do this any more). In past years, guests could check in at a resort or at MCO, and then bypass the check in at the terminal completely.