Caribbean advice please

We are considering a two week cruise on Celebration starting 18th Jan 2015. Caribbean Treasures/Latin Gems. We have travelled on Celebration a few times and are happy with that part but we are unsure of the weather at this time of year.We have chosen Jan as at this time the cruise is adults only, however we could change dates if need be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We are considering a two week cruise on Celebration starting 18th Jan 2015. Caribbean Treasures/Latin Gems. We have travelled on Celebration a few times and are happy with that part but we are unsure of the weather at this time of year.We have chosen Jan as at this time the cruise is adults only, however we could change dates if need be.

On different trips we have been in Dec, Jan, Feb and March. I wouldn't say the weather has been significantly different in any of those months. I think it's fair to say they are getting more rain in the Caribbean than they used to though - we were speaking to a taxi driver in Grenada last year, 2012/23 season, whilst taking shelter from a downpour and he said that they never used to have rain between Nov and March and this was Feb and he reckoned it had never stopped raining that season (although just short, sharp showers) but it did indicate what he considered to be a change in the usual weather conditions they would expect.

Our friends were in the Caribbean in early Feb this year and had quite a few showers as did we in Dec - but not days of rain like we've had here. We had a few tropical type showers which only lasted a few minutes although there was more rain overnight on several days. I think it's perhaps just pot luck although someone else may have more definite opinions but as far as we're concerned, we'd just book for whichever date suited us best.

Hope it's lovely and sunny for you whenever you decide to go! Enjoy! :)

We were on the Dream in the Caribbean from 19 Jan this year, and I cannot remember any significant rain. There was a 2 minute shower one morning while I watched sail in, but by the time I walked to the Lido it had stopped.

Thank you ladies for your very prompt replies. I think we will go ahead with our planned date as the weather seems to be very pot luck anyway!

Kruzseeker, we were on the Majesty together! Neither of us knew it, however you posted a couple of photos and there we were - having our afternoon tea! Small world.....

Thank you ladies for your very prompt replies. I think we will go ahead with our planned date as the weather seems to be very pot luck anyway!

Kruzseeker, we were on the Majesty together! Neither of us knew it, however you posted a couple of photos and there we were - having our afternoon tea! Small world.....

Well, what a coincidence! Were they the pics I posted on Photobucket? What a pity we didn't realise - we could have had a good chat. And if there's one thing I like................it's chatting! :rolleyes: :D

Your weather should, in the main, be fine. Your dates are well past the hurricane season. I have known cool weather around Florida and the Bahamas, but it can change quickly. You should be fine.

But, with all the ships sailing that area at that time, why just look at Thomson?

Mainelycruising, we all cruise for different reasons and enjoy different styles of cruising. Thomson cruises tick all our boxes, small friendly ships, great entertainment, not too many sea days. I think some of the larger ships look a bit imposing. We will probably stick with Thomson for time being but thanks for mentioning the other choices.

Many thanks for your weather information too!

Kruzseeka, I can't remember where the photos were but I know they were yours......I wish I had known you were there too as I also enjoy a good chat (I could have got lots of info from you over a clotted cream scone!)

I have previously bumped into Berwyn on the Spirit.....I am slowly working my way through you all!

Kruzseeka, I can't remember where the photos were but I know they were yours......I wish I had known you were there too as I also enjoy a good chat (I could have got lots of info from you over a clotted cream scone!)

I have previously bumped into Berwyn on the Spirit.....I am slowly working my way through you all!

We were on the Majesty too. Kruzseeka's second week was our first, so we could have had a real good natter :D

Gillhalfpint, I see you are travelling about the same time as us but on the Dream. Enjoy!

We have no worries about the Dream. We love her. Celebration doing some of the islands we did Jan 13 and Jan 14, so I know you are in for a good time.

Little Nell, I can't remember what date we went but we called at Bodrum and Santorini amongst others. Was that your week too?

Yes it was, Bitez Babe. I had to think, then I remembered bumping into Kruzseeka and her DH in Thira and Oia :)

Edited by Little Nell