C&A Category Change in between cruises

Lotus8

Quick question...

After my next 8 night cruise in April, I will be changing to Diamond Plus category. I was just looking as well to do a short 4 night cruise, which is only 9 days later after the cruise I got off of that made me Diamond +.

Technically, I know I am Diamond+ for that next cruise, but will it be enough time for RCCL C&A to register it so I get proper status before it. Will it be something that a quick phone call will take care of?

I consider myself very blessed if this is my only question in life I have for the day. ;)

If you are not updated online and you have an decent chance of that happening just take your sea pass card from the cruise that put you D+ and go to see the Loyalty Ambassador. We made D+ after the first leg of a B2B and the LA made it happen for us. You probably don't need the sea pass card but it may make it easier for the LA.

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

My points have always updated within 5 business days with the exception of last Decembers points snafu that took them weeks to correct.

Just to be safe I would take your old seapass cards from your 8 day cruise with you and if they did not have the proper C&A level recorded for you then it would be a quick visit to the LA who could verify your new status and put a D+ sticker on your seapass card.

Thanks Tim N Sue, and Ken ;-)

Just curious, does the SeaPass change color as well when you reach Diamond+?

No it does not. Pinnacle gets a gold card.

BTW. Congrats on achieving D+.

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

You might also check with the LA onboard the first cruise. I know they can get people updated for the second half of a B2B so might be able to push things along for you. If you have a balcony booked, you'll also want to receive the additional discount.

My points have always updated within 5 business days with the exception of last Decembers points snafu that took them weeks to correct.

Just to be safe I would take your old seapass cards from your 8 day cruise with you and if they did not have the proper C&A level recorded for you then it would be a quick visit to the LA who could verify your new status and put a D+ sticker on your seapass card.

Ditto...

You might also check with the LA onboard the first cruise. I know they can get people updated for the second half of a B2B so might be able to push things along for you. If you have a balcony booked, you'll also want to receive the additional discount.

Getting any additional balcony discount may prove to be difficult. The increase in discount from D to D+ is only $25. If you booked more than 6 months out and go to request the new discount they will give you the discount for booking within 6 months which is $25 less so it will be the exact same as you already received.

Also I found from personal experience that they will not apply the increased balcony discount until your points are actually posted to your account.