Help, need advice on upgrading within final payment

I have often come to Cruise Critic because many of you are so knowledgeable and I usually can get an answer faster than through my TA!

We're booked on an Inside Cabin for Allure April 6th sailing, obviously way past final payment. I knew about the KSF promo weeks ago but I never thought to check my April sailing. (I thought the promo is for May - December sailings.)

Anyways, now I see that I can get a balcony cheaper than my inside. I know we cannot get price adjustments after final payment but I have heard that you can upgrade?

How would this work?

My triple inside cabin is booked under police rate with the $65 C&A savings certificate applied for $2348.

A triple balcony guarantee under KSF promo is $2214.

What can I do? I prefer not to fork over any extra money. Will RCCL switch me from inside to balcony? I'm not expecting a credit or anything!

Or do I have to upgrade to the next category up for $2554? (Can I still apply the balcony C&A certificate of $125?

Thanks so much in advance!

You can call Royal and ask, but I suspect you cannot get the KSF promo. The KSF promo requires a new booking, so you would have to cancel your current booking, with a high penalty. As I said, call them and see if they will do anything for you, but I would not expect much.

Just tried to get their WOW pricing promotion two days after my final payment which was the same cabin category on the Oasis for $150 cheaper then what I booked for 10 months earlier! NO LUCK- and my TA tried to move up the chain as high as possible. Looks like once they have to fill extra cabins the prices go down- even more so for "home" state departure travelers. Basically, the early-bird specials become meaningless towards the last 70 days before departure... They use to give OBC for sleuths who keep looking at price availability after final payment, but that stopped a few years ago.

I have often come to Cruise Critic because many of you are so knowledgeable and I usually can get an answer faster than through my TA!

We're booked on an Inside Cabin for Allure April 6th sailing, obviously way past final payment. I knew about the KSF promo weeks ago but I never thought to check my April sailing. (I thought the promo is for May - December sailings.)

Anyways, now I see that I can get a balcony cheaper than my inside. I know we cannot get price adjustments after final payment but I have heard that you can upgrade?

How would this work?

My triple inside cabin is booked under police rate with the $65 C&A savings certificate applied for $2348.

What can I do? I prefer not to fork over any extra money. Will RCCL switch me from inside to balcony? I'm not expecting a credit or anything!

Or do I have to upgrade to the next category up for $2554? (Can I still apply the balcony C&A certificate of $125?

It doesn't hurt to ask, but not sure they will give you the 3rd guest free at this point. I do know if the price is dropped after final payment they will upgrade you sometimes. We were booked on the Jewel inside cabin for April 19th prices dropped after final payment I called and they upgraded me to ocean view, well I noticed priced dropped again yesterday so I called and for $32 got upgraded to a balcony room our first time! I was quite happy though I would have rather had the cash back I'll take what I can get!

Thanks for those who replied. Here's an update for anyone who's interested.

Spoke to a rep at RCCL and he said I could change my booking to KSF promo but would have to cancel and rebook. Since I am in the 75% penalty time period, this is obviously not worth it for me.

Upgrading to higher category can still apply as long as equal or more than paid rate. Unfortunately with KSF promo rates listed on website, I cannot even see standard rates any where so no way of finding out if rates have dropped.

I guess at this point, I can only wish for the upgrade fairy to pay me a visit!

How would this work?

Call. You can upgrade.