Freedom - time back into port & flights from FLL?

mcarney

Hi...

Sailing on the Freedom June 1, 2014 ... The itinerary states that we don't get back into port on June 9th until 8:00am ... All other cruises that I've been on usually get back around 7ish ... Is the 8:00am the real time or would it be earlier?

Secondly, looking to book a 10:20 flight out of FLL ... Is this doable even if we get into port at 8:00?

Thank you

A lot if times we have docked around 6 am but it is always closer to 8 before anyone is allowed off. We have flown out of FLL three times with flights after 12 noon and we have always had a wait at the airport. We don't do the self assist but we are in the first group called after that. After saying that I still don't know that I would book that early a flight. It would only take one glitch to throw very thing off. Ship getting in late, customs clearing the ship for debarkation, traffic to the airport and long security line once you get there. Is it doable-yes. Are you taking a chance-yes again. If you haven't used FLL before you will like it. We fly in there even if we are going out from port of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ... Was really hoping there was a flight a little later, but of course the fares go sky high ... Trying to justify flying vs driving ... Not a very good car rider and I know that after the cruise, I'll just want to get home and not spend 10 hours in the car :(

Maybe the fares will come down some so I can look into the later flights.

I actually watched the Freedom pull into FLL this weekend, and it was BEFORE 6am:eek::eek:

I think they say that so people plan later flights.

We are coming back to MIA on the Breeze.

We booked a 10:55 flight out FLL.

I am not worried.

Same ship last year, and we were AT FLL at 9am.

If you can get an earlier flight (within reason), I say book it.:D

Good Luck!!!!!!

I actually watched the Freedom pull into FLL this weekend, and it was BEFORE 6am:eek::eek:

I think they say that so people plan later flights.

We are coming back to MIA on the Breeze.

We booked a 10:55 flight out FLL.

I am not worried.

Same ship last year, and we were AT FLL at 9am.

If you can get an earlier flight (within reason), I say book it.:D

Good Luck!!!!!!

Thank you!!!! Really thinking about the 10:20 flight :)

Btw...where in CT are you? Most of my relatives are in Stratford, new haven, Trumbull areas ...

Thank you!!!! Really thinking about the 10:20 flight :)

Btw...where in CT are you? Most of my relatives are in Stratford, new haven, Trumbull areas ...

I am right outside of Hartford, in Newington. :). I think your flight will be OK. Good Luck!!!! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fort Lauderdale's airport is about five to ten minutes away from Port Everglades. If you self assist or are in the first disembarkation group, you will have time. However, if there is one delay, you may not make it to the airport on time. With that said, when sailing out of Port Everglades, we have made it home well before 9:30am each time on both Carnival and Princess. We have never done self assist and always had priority disembarkation.

Edit: Such delays that can cause you to miss your flight may include inclement weather, international guests not in their designated waiting lounges, customs delays in the terminal or just simple operational inconsistencies.

Edited by Disconnections

Thanks ... We have FTTF, so we will have priority disembarkation ... Thinking even if delayed to 8:30 or 9:00, 10/15 minute taxi ride should get us there NLT 9:30 ... From what I hear, FLL isn't as bad as MIA

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Fort Lauderdale's airport is about five to ten minutes away from Port Everglades. If you self assist or are in the first disembarkation group, you will have time. However, if there is one delay, you may not make it to the airport on time. With that said, when sailing out of Port Everglades, we have made it home well before 9:30am each time on both Carnival and Princess. We have never done self assist and always had priority disembarkation.

Edit: Such delays that can cause you to miss your flight may include inclement weather, international guests not in their designated waiting lounges, customs delays in the terminal or just simple operational inconsistencies.

Thank you ....

What is the latest delay youve heard off/experienced for getting off the ship and why?

Thank you ....

What is the latest delay youve heard off/experienced for getting off the ship and why?

Luckily, I have never experienced any delay with cruises but sometimes delays can happen. Fort Lauderdale isn't as bad as Galveston or Tampa because they don't have to deal with common fog delays. Usually, ships are sitting right outside the port area and doing circles the night before. Unless you have to divert for a medical emergency, you should be good. Just try and be one of the first off the ship in your FTTF boarding group

Luckily, I have never experienced any delay with cruises but sometimes delays can happen. Fort Lauderdale isn't as bad as Galveston or Tampa because they don't have to deal with common fog delays. Usually, ships are sitting right outside the port area and doing circles the night before. Unless you have to divert for a medical emergency, you should be good. Just try and be one of the first off the ship in your FTTF boarding group

Thank you again