Breeze 8 day Eastern Caribbean or Freedom 8 day Southern Caribbean?

RCH1234

I'm about to book a cruise for the week of June 21st! Both look great but I can't decide. I'd love some opinions on which cruise you would choose.

Here are the options:

Aboard: Carnival Breeze Sails to:St. Maarten, NA; St Kitts, WI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk

or

Aboard: Carnival Freedom Sails to:Grand Turk; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Curacao; Aruba

I've only been to Grand Turk.

Edited by RCH1234

We are booked on the Freedom with that same itinerary Feb 21st 2015. We choose this ship over the Breeze basically for the cheaper price.(we were looking at the same ports on the Breeze)

We are really excited to to Aruba and Curacao! So my pick would be Freedom :)

Good luck in your decision....I am sure you will have a great cruise no matter which ship you choose

I have sailed the Breeze but not the Freedom. Freedom will have been through fresh upgrades by then but I must say the Breeze is Awesome! I have only been to Grand Turk and San Juan that are on those itineraries. I think I would rather do the Breeze. Newest ship in the fleet and it has two ports I really want to go to and two others I love. My next cruise after that would be the Breeze southern though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for the Breeze!!!!!

While the Freedom is slated to get at least the 2.0 upgrades, the Breeze has pretty much every bell and whistle you could want.

We did the 8 day Eastern last year on the Breeze, which included St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. AWESOME itinerary.

We loved the Breeze so much, we just booked the 8 night Southern for July.:D

Not sure what the price difference is, but if it's minimal, I say go for the Breeze.

She won't disappoint.

Have been to all of the ports except for St. Kitts. We did the Southern Car. cruise on the Breeze last summer, and loved both the ship and ports. Although I love the Breeze, I would do Grand Turk; La Romana, Dominican Republic; Curacao; Aruba again.

Thanks for the replies.

I've been on both ships and definitely prefer the Breeze over Freedom but I still really enjoyed my freedom cruise. After saying that, the Freedom itinerary really intrigues me.

Also, cost isn't a factor because I just got off the Conquest and received a comped cruise up to 8 nights from the Carnival Players Club.

I say Freedom ... My family and I will be on the June 22nd sailing as well !

I'm leaning towards the Freedom because of Curacao and Aruba. Do you have a lot of family going? It will be a solo cruise for me.

No it's just going to be 3 of us. I give props to anyone who cruises solo ..it's hard enough for me to go Christmas shopping alone let alone a 8 day cruise . If you do decide to go on the Freedom we do have a roll call going

Edited by kmarie10531

Personally, I would choose the Breeze....all of those ports are amazing! Plus I've never been on the Breeze so that would be a fun experience. Now, my last cruise was on the Freedom but before the upgrades. With that itinerary, and from reading reviews, Dominican doesn't seem like a great port as you are docked right in the middle of La Romana and there isn't much to do. Curacao and Aruba looked like okay ports but nothing too exciting/unique to do there. For me, ports are the sole reason why I cruise so that weighs more than the ship.

Best way to decide is -

Do you cruise for the itinerary or for the ship?

For me it's a bit of both. I was on the Breeze last September and it's a truly beautiful ship with lots of great public areas.

I've booked the Freedom b2b for this September, mostly due to the itinerary and difference in cost. 3 out of the 4 ports are new to me compared to the Breeze itinerary which I've mostly done.

The 2.0 upgrades on the Freedom would be good especially if it gets the Red Frog Pub and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar!

If there's not a great difference in price and both itineraries appeal to you then I'd go on the Breeze!

The Breeze is more expensive but a much nicer ship, the Freedom has the best intinary.

I know, that's my dilemma. :confused:

You wouldn't think a complimentary cruise would be this difficult of a choice. lol

I'd pick the Freedom. My hubby spent some time in curacao and really enjoyed it. That itinerary looks amazing!

Yes it does look amazing! I just noticed it's a Sunday to Monday cruise which I haven't seen on any 8 day out of Florida. I'll get a full weekend in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise if I choose the Freedom. :)