Adult non-alcoholic drink package

Shih-tzu

New to boards (joined in February) and have done a lot of reading (so much so that all the ships are now floating around in my mind and I can't remember what photo was of what ship)....and probably the answer to my question is buried SOMEWHERE in here but can't seem to find it...

Wonder if Carnival has ever thought of implementing "enhanced" non-alcoholic drink packages. The current program (which I believe is called Bottomless Bubbles) would be OK, but it would be nice to have an optional package for non-alcoholic cocktails (we call them mocktails) in the fancy glasses with little decorations, etc. I'm thinking virgin Caesars, Sunrises, Pina Colada flavoured things.... and maybe the speciality coffees. Even keep a limit on it similar to the drink package of 15 drinks/day.....

Just thinking it would be nice to have something besides pop as option that could have the convenience of the ship card with a sticker or something set up on the swipe system....(and it would be fun to have something more "tropical" looking in your hand while melting into a lounge chair...):D

Thoughts? (or am I somewhere wayyyyy out in left field??):p

Yeah, unfortunately, I think you are out in left field:D:D

I really do mean that in the nicest way, though.........:o

I know with Cheers, you can get non-alcoholic drinks, and they don't count against your 15 drinks per day limit.

Maybe that's the way to go.

You get unlimited frozen non-alcoholic drinks, soda, etc. If you drink ALOT of them, this program may be of benefit to you.

Thoughts?

I really do mean that in the nicest way, though.........:o

I know with Cheers, you can get non-alcoholic drinks, and they don't count against your 15 drinks per day limit.

You get unlimited frozen non-alcoholic drinks, soda, etc. If you drink ALOT of them, this program may be of benefit to you.

Thoughts?

Yeah, it would take a lot to make it worth it.

I get where you are coming from, I am expecting and just took a cruise. I would have liked an option like that. I'm not sure enough people would though. I don't drink a lot of pop, certainly not enough to make bottomless bubbles worth it.

Plus, when I thought about the calories in those virgin pina coladas, its probably a good think they didn't. I put on enough weight that week as it was :eek:

Thoughts?

Thanks for the advice - I just went and checked out the Cheers, however neither my husband nor I drink alcohol....so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy two packages as we would be paying for things we don't drink.... Do you have any idea what the ship charges for individual mocktails (or where I could look at a menu??) I guess I had in mind a package that was less expensive than the one including alcohol, but more expensive than the Bottomless Bubbles....but with a limit so we didn't break the "ships bank" so to speak.

1kaper posted: " Plus, when I thought about the calories in those virgin pina coladas, its probably a good think they didn't. I put on enough weight that "week as it was "

I didn't think that calories counted on cruises:p

(Sorry - don't know how to include two quotes in on post...)

Edited by Shih-tzu
Mis-spelling.....

When I was on a Princess cruise in October, they had an Unlimited Soda & More Package, which included all the mocktails and ice cream shakes you wanted. I was really surprised when I heard that Carnival does not have something like that.

Thanks for the advice - I just went and checked out the Cheers, however neither my husband nor I drink alcohol....so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy two packages as we would be paying for things we don't drink.... Do you have any idea what the ship charges for individual mocktails (or where I could look at a menu??) I guess I had in mind a package that was less expensive than the one including alcohol, but more expensive than the Bottomless Bubbles....but with a limit so we didn't break the "ships bank" so to speak.

1kaper posted: " Plus, when I thought about the calories in those virgin pina coladas, its probably a good think they didn't. I put on enough weight that "week as it was "

I didn't think that calories counted on cruises:p

(Sorry - don't know how to include two quotes in on post...)

See that little " icon next to the Quote link? Click that on multiple posts, it will highlight once you click it. Then just hit reply, and you've quoted everything you clicked that on. :D

Thanks everyone.....so I guess at least one cruise line has it, so I wasn't THAT far in left field - ha ha.;)

You are correct KPfromCT - only about $1 - $1.50 difference....guess I thought it might be $2-$3 different.....

The link provided was very helpful....

See that little " icon next to the Quote link? Click that on multiple posts, it will highlight once you click it. Then just hit reply, and you've quoted everything you clicked that on. :D

Thanks!! I had been doing the old click on one post, copy, go back, open second post I wanted to quote, quote, paste….

When I was on a Princess cruise in October, they had an Unlimited Soda & More Package, which included all the mocktails and ice cream shakes you wanted. I was really surprised when I heard that Carnival does not have something like that.

We love the Unlimited Soda & More Package that Princess offers, especially when cruising to warm weather ports! I wished CCL would get onboard and offer something similar.

Thanks everyone.....so I guess at least one cruise line has it, so I wasn't THAT far in left field - ha ha.;)

You are correct KPfromCT - only about $1 - $1.50 difference....guess I thought it might be $2-$3 different.....

The link provided was very helpful....

When we were on Glory last October DW would get the virgin drinks and add her own rum from the bottle we got from Bon Voyage. I think they were about 1/2 price of a regular drink.