cirque dream dinner show on breakaway

cruise777

what does the show cost? and was it worth going to see?

It is a dinner show and it was great...........

It is 39.99 but 29.99 if you go the night you board the ship.

It is amazing what some of those performers can do with their bodies.

The show is fine--some amazing entertainers -- BUT, IMO, the concept of eating in the dark while trying to watch the show (not easy from some of the tables) is flawed. I would have been fine with just the show, or at the very least, the meal first, with the show to follow.

Our experience was not a positive one--which was unfortunate. We had a rude woman seated at our table who was making multiple demands of the poor servers, who were doing the best they could--I sure wouldn't want to serve meals in the dark and have to deal with ignorant people.

Edited by CRUZIN'NANA

On epic we had dinner first. Show started just as dessert was out. Tables were too close for servers to maneuver while show was going on in the same aisles. Show was very good and actually the food was some of the best of the week. Actually was the only thing I enjoyed about the epic. Food quality and timing of serving must vary by ship.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

The show was amazing! Food just ok. But we thought it was worth it for the show. The entertainment in general on the breakaway was the best we have seen at sea.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Us as well booked first night and did not receive a discount. We are leaving in a little over three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just so you know, we booked the dinner show online before our Getaway cruise and paid full price of $39.99. When we got onboard they said the price would be discounted the first night. Sure enough we were credited back the difference to our S & S cards a couple days into the cruise

We went the first night with the 25% off also. When we made the reservation on Iconcierge app it showed the full price but were charged the discounted price.

The venue was smaller then I expected but was filled only to about 2/3 of the capacity.

We were seated with older folks and we had a good time.

The food was great...I mean the steak was cooked like we like it and so tender :D... and service was very good and did not feel rushed at all.

Some of the performance were amazing, some very good, but all were entertaining. I expected somewhat of a Cirque du Soleil show, but that is not the case. All the music was very "childish" and some performers who are in costumes but only entertain in the isles are also very "child oriented".

Don't get me wrong, we loved the performance. The couple in roller skates :eek: and the guy who changes on stage :D.

I recommend it !