is there a beginning zipline

Traveller20074

in any of the ports? We're doing Glacier Bay - Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. probably wouldn't have much time in Ketchikan, as we're doing the Aleutian Ballad....

something not too high, or in levels lol I've been trying to find one, but they all seem a bit extreme...

I've done alaska Zipline adventure at eaglecrest in Juneau. Loved it. It's a canopy tour where you zip between trees. Doesn't feel extreme and scenery is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am booked with Grizzly Falls in Skagway. They have a lower minimum weight then all the other Alaska ziplines. I sure hope it's not too extreme!

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just barely make the pound requirement usually.....250 is the higher limit on the ones I've seen...

The adventure park and zipline looks to be pretty toned down, 3 ropes course activites to warm you up and only 6 lines

the person I am asking this about is only 9.

a little too much for him, I believe...

In this amazing adventure you will walk on raised balance beams, cross exciting suspension bridges, and fly through the air on the series of zip lines! Join our expert guides for the ride of a lifetime! Perfect for all abilities and fun for the entire family!

Your adventure begins with a narrated drive through historic downtown Skagway and up the Klondike Highway. From the highway, a short nature hike brings you to the spectacular Adventure Park where expert guides will outfit you with state of the art safety equipment. Then you will be off to enjoy the thrill of the ropes course and zip line experience!First you will enter into an incredible series of ropes course crossings including burma loops, suspended bridges and raised balance beams. Next up is a fantastic series of six zip lines through the lush Alaskan canopy. You will zoom from platform to platform while your friends and family cheer you on! Your heart will be pumping as you get ready for the “Walk the Plank” zip that soars high above the ground through the treetops!

I've done alaska Zipline adventure at eaglecrest in Juneau. Loved it. It's a canopy tour where you zip between trees. Doesn't feel extreme and scenery is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How about for a 9 year old? (grandson) :)

How about for a 9 year old? (grandson) :)

When my grandson was 9 he came for a visit & we went to Alaska Zip. He was ready to zip before several of the adults in the group! Checking Alaska Zip's description on their website it says, "Remember, this tour is designed for people 9 years of age or above who weigh between 70-250 lbs."

If zipping is something your grandson wants to do, then go zipping!! It's great fun and is now something we look for when we meet up for family vacations.