Post cruise SFO Star Princess Alaska question

mek

Getting ready to book flights for our September Alaska cruise. Princess doesn't have anything listed on their web site for shore excursions on the day of departure for those with late flights. Anyone who has done this cruise in the past, do you recall if they offered any post cruise excursions once on board?

• 2 weeks later...
Getting ready to book flights for our September Alaska cruise. Princess doesn't have anything listed on their web site for shore excursions on the day of departure for those with late flights. Anyone who has done this cruise in the past, do you recall if they offered any post cruise excursions once on board?

I live in the area. Even if they do not offer excursions, SF is so easy. The ship will unload right down in the middle of the harbor action. Pier 39 (sea lion central) and many of the touristy sights are within walking distance. If you want to tour Alcatrez, book in advance! SF has an amazing China Town. North Beach, Little Italy, runs right into it. If you are staying over night, beach Blanket Babylon is a SF classic. I always leave with my jaws hurting from laughing. Book in advance for this as well. Have a nice dinner before hand in North Beach.

Have fun!

I live in the area. Even if they do not offer excursions, SF is so easy. The ship will unload right down in the middle of the harbor action. Pier 39 (sea lion central) and many of the touristy sights are within walking distance. If you want to tour Alcatrez, book in advance! SF has an amazing China Town. North Beach, Little Italy, runs right into it. If you are staying over night, beach Blanket Babylon is a SF classic. I always leave with my jaws hurting from laughing. Book in advance for this as well. Have a nice dinner before hand in North Beach.

Have fun!

If this is your first time in SF I would book a city tour which hits all the highlights of the city. I used San Francisco Tours and was happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Pier 39 offers luggage storage at $5 per bag for people on late flights. Also depending on when your sailing is the new Cruise terminal in SF may be open. It's a bit further from Pier 39, and not sure what the amenities there will be.