First Oasis 3 and 4 images!

Looking closer I think the entire Solarium is new. It looks more like the Quantum one where it is more tiered with the bottom level taking over the adventure ocean window area and the outside deck above the bridge.

I didn't realize that the ship was also going to be significantly wider. The stats on http://stxfrance.fr//UK/stxfrance-reference-34-OASIS%203.awp (the english version) say it has a max. breadth of 66m, whereas Oasis and Allure were only 60.5m. That's about 18ft wider.

She'll be about the same width. The very small (comparatively speaking) increase in GRT would be nothing noticeable if added to the width. The width of modern ships like Oasis are often hard to decipher. They have a max and min beam as well as a water line beam. Depending on the number given in each place it can be different. The Oasis has a very wide superstructure where as Quantum has a very narrow superstructure. Always gets confusing when places mention width without specifying more detail.

I dont remeber hearing about a 4th Oasis class ship.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Royal Caribbean has the option for a fourth ship identical to Oasis 3. They haven't signed the contract yet so it's not guarantee. They had an option for a fourth Freedom class as well and at one point it sounded like a guaranteed thing and then never happened.

The slide will most likely end in its own pool of a few inches deep. If not that, than the kids pool.

That would be a loooong slide from the suite deck area ("gold pass only") as the picture indicates to the kiddie area?

Maybe the slide should dip into CP then be a water coaster back up to the kiddie area.

That would be a loooong slide from the suite deck area ("gold pass only") as the picture indicates to the kiddie area?

Maybe the slide should dip into CP then be a water coaster back up to the kiddie area.

I was thinking that they would move the kids pool.

I know that on Oasis and Allure, the kids pool is closer to the back, and the slide here is closer to the front.

I was thinking that they would move the kids pool.

I know that on Oasis and Allure, the kids pool is closer to the back, and the slide here is closer to the front.

Another thought... Wonder if this same change would be implemented when Oasis goes into drydock? (Sailing on it's TA post-drydock so I'll know fer sure!)

The slide will most likely end in its own pool of a few inches deep. If not that, than the kids pool.

You need a pool of more than a few inches deep for the end of a slide. All the slides that I have been on have a minimum depth of Appx. 3 ft. You would be looking at a pretty nasty road rash if it wasn't.

You need a pool of more than a few inches deep for the end of a slide. All the slides that I have been on have a minimum depth of Appx. 3 ft. You would be looking at a pretty nasty road rash if it wasn't.

Cruise ship slides usually just end, and don't dump into any pool. Here's one of the slides on Carnival Magic. Stole this from another CC thread:

Voyager3290.jpg

Cruise ship slides usually just end, and don't dump into any pool. Here's one of the slides on Carnival Magic. Stole this from another CC thread:

Voyager3290.jpg

I stand corrected. I had not seen how they had ended on ships but was basing it on land based water parks that I have been to.

According to the Loyalty Ambassador on Adventure two weeks ago, she said Royal is planning a fifth Oasis class ship by 2019/2020.

Are there enough places where 5 oasis class ships could even dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When is oasis 3 going to be done?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

She is supposed to set sail summer 2016. Same time as Quantum 3. Should be a busy and exciting summer for Royal Caribbean!

Where do you see a waterslides? I must be missing it.

It's that blue structure behind the foreword mast. It's right at the start of the pool area.