Cruise Critic Review of the Sun Princess

TorontoTL

I just went back and reread the review. There are a couple of complements about the ship – the author says it was well run and welcoming. On the other hand, the author contradicts him or herself – mentioning that the ship came “long” before Personal Choice and it “shows” – then goes on to describe the Anytime Dining options on board. Then the author makes a complete error in stating that the dining rooms face aft and have views over three sides of the ship. The dining rooms on Sun Princess are mid-ship – they don’t face aft and they don’t have aft windows. I’ve had drinks in the Rendezvous – they certainly sell more than wine as the author states. With blaring errors like that included in the review, is it any wonder that some of us are questioning it? The author didn’t do a very good job…I think I agree with Ron.

This was not a "member" review but a cruise critic review - They must hire complete rookies and let them run wild.

Ron

Wouldn't it be neat(if they do take the tahitian and Pacific away) to take the sun and dawn and make them all-suite rooms and then use them for exotics and other specials. That would put less people on them.

peterv,

Do you ever have anything postive to say in the threads?

I thought I did say something good, that the reviewer was very fair and I was defending them.

Cheers,

Peter

I thought I did say something good, that the reviewer was very fair and I was defending them.
Please see my post above – the reviewer made a number of blatant errors in the review…I think they take away any credibility the review might have had.

I took a ten day Southern Caribbean itinerary on the Sun last October (10/13/04) out of Ft. Lauderdale. We were booked in a category BB standard balcony cabin I think. I had not sailed on an older Princess ship in a while so was attentive to age related problems, having read a few reviews before I boarded that were very negative. Regarding odors in the cabins/hallways, I don't recall ever noticing that on our 10 day cruise. Also, I felt that the cabin was in very good/excellent shape. The common areas of the ship were very well maintained as well. Certainly it is a noticably older vessel compared to the newer grand class ships, but overall the Sun has been well taken care of. I did think the food in the Horizon was not up to the standard of other Princess cruises I have been on, but it was not appreciably worse, just not quite as good.

By the way, I have booked another 10 day cruise on the Sun this November (11/18/05)in a standard balcony cabin (Aloha 433), so I am putting my money "where my mouth is" so to speak.

Happy cruising!

Archived