The Enclave at the Royal Princess

cruiselovers20

I am also wanting to know about it and I sail on Sunday !

Is there a certain way to proceed with the various elements? Are they used for different effects or reasons ? Are there any that you never use together in the same visit? Is it co-ed?

What are your favorite elements of the Enclave, and why ?

With me not part of any group that gets on board first, do I stand an icicle's chance in you know what of obtaining a pass ??

Are you issued a special key card to get in?

Inquiring minds want to know, and soon. I'm SO excited !!!

hello,

has anyone used the services of "The Enclave" (thermal spa) at the Royal Princess? Would love to hear any feedback as well as the price.

Thanks!

I don't remember the price.

I enjoyed the pool area the most but below is what I remember...

You check in at the spa and they take your room key in exchange for a wrist band that unlocks the main door to the enclave. It's co-ed. You can grab a robe, slippers and a towel in the changing rooms before entering the enclave.

When you enter you see 2 water bed type contraptions to the immediate right. Not sure what they were for. Between them is a door way leading to 4 of the thermal beds. Straight ahead was a steam room. To the left were 4 "showers", you could rinse off after a stem before enter the pool, but the showers had various settings to play with like rain. Continuing past the pool were 4 more thermal beds an aromatherapy steam room and a dry room.

The pool had a rain like feature, 2 "spouts" that felt great on the shoulders, 2 area where the water bubbled up and the back of the pool had a metal lounge like feature. The lounge was great but uncomfortable at the same time. I could have fallen asleep if I didn't have to keep moving around.

My only 3 complaints were ...

• The noise level - the place is loud. It's a white noise type of loud with the water sounds, but if 2 people were talking everyone was a part of the conversation.
  • Another complaint was the number of hooks on the wall for robes. It seemed like there were only 6. There were times robes were on the very wet floor. I even lost a pair of slippers once.
  • Lastly, the refreshing lemon water was back down the hallway and usually empty. You had to leave, go across the hall and get water from the spa waiting area.

Champagne complaints at best! :)

I don't remember the price.

I enjoyed the pool area the most but below is what I remember...

You check in at the spa and they take your room key in exchange for a wrist band that unlocks the main door to the enclave. It's co-ed. You can grab a robe, slippers and a towel in the changing rooms before entering the enclave.

When you enter you see 2 water bed type contraptions to the immediate right. Not sure what they were for. Between them is a door way leading to 4 of the thermal beds. Straight ahead was a steam room. To the left were 4 "showers", you could rinse off after a stem before enter the pool, but the showers had various settings to play with like rain. Continuing past the pool were 4 more thermal beds an aromatherapy steam room and a dry room.

The pool had a rain like feature, 2 "spouts" that felt great on the shoulders, 2 area where the water bubbled up and the back of the pool had a metal lounge like feature. The lounge was great but uncomfortable at the same time. I could have fallen asleep if I didn't have to keep moving around.

My only 3 complaints were ...

• The noise level - the place is loud. It's a white noise type of loud with the water sounds, but if 2 people were talking everyone was a part of the conversation.
  • Another complaint was the number of hooks on the wall for robes. It seemed like there were only 6. There were times robes were on the very wet floor. I even lost a pair of slippers once.
  • Lastly, the refreshing lemon water was back down the hallway and usually empty. You had to leave, go across the hall and get water from the spa waiting area.

Champagne complaints at best! :)

Thank you so much for answering us, but the robe thing is scary. I'm short and round. Do they come in "plus" sizes or will I be embarrassed? I also assumed we get to wear swimsuits, not just a towel. I hope that is the case !

Do the staff give you some sort of orientation your first time there ?

Are there regular showers available afterwards, as well as a dressing room?

thanks for the details! do you happen to recall the price? was it per day or for the entire cruise?

I keep reading that the price went up to $199 for a 7 day cruise. I know for a fact that they have never sold 1 day passes to the Enclave.

I used the Enclave on our recent Royal Princess cruise in December 2013. I believe the cost was $199 for the week. I also believe they only sell a limited number of passes (40) for the week but I may be wrong with this. As mentioned earlier, you get a robe (one size-very large) and slippers from the men's or ladies change room. There are lockers to use and the bracelet given to you at front desk serves as 'key' to lock lockers in the change room as well as opening the Enclave main door. From the change room you need to go out into the spa hallway and a very short walk to the Enclave entrance.

I used the Enclave daily and some days more than once. There are heated individual water beds/loungers, heated ceramic chairs, two steam rooms (one much hotter than the other) and a dry steam room. There are also 4 showers in the Enclave and each one has a different aromatherapy fragrance. The large hydrotherapy pool was in the center and is very large with multiple areas of jets (standing as well as laying on your back) plus water spouts to 'massage' your shoulders. When finished you go back to the change room and if memory serves me correctly, there is a shower to use in the change room. You leave your robe in a hamper and slippers just beside the hamper. Return the bracelet to main Spa desk to obtain your room card.

For me, this was a wonderful and luxurious treat while on the cruise and would indulge again!

I really WANT to do this but do you recall the hours? We have 5 port days on a 7 day cruise, so unless open late into the evenings, will be hard to justify $200 a person.

I used the Enclave on our recent Royal Princess cruise in December 2013. I believe the cost was $199 for the week. I also believe they only sell a limited number of passes (40) for the week but I may be wrong with this. As mentioned earlier, you get a robe (one size-very large) and slippers from the men's or ladies change room. There are lockers to use and the bracelet given to you at front desk serves as 'key' to lock lockers in the change room as well as opening the Enclave main door. From the change room you need to go out into the spa hallway and a very short walk to the Enclave entrance.

I used the Enclave daily and some days more than once. There are heated individual water beds/loungers, heated ceramic chairs, two steam rooms (one much hotter than the other) and a dry steam room. There are also 4 showers in the Enclave and each one has a different aromatherapy fragrance. The large hydrotherapy pool was in the center and is very large with multiple areas of jets (standing as well as laying on your back) plus water spouts to 'massage' your shoulders. When finished you go back to the change room and if memory serves me correctly, there is a shower to use in the change room. You leave your robe in a hamper and slippers just beside the hamper. Return the bracelet to main Spa desk to obtain your room card.

For me, this was a wonderful and luxurious treat while on the cruise and would indulge again!

• 2 years later...
hello,

has anyone used the services of "The Enclave" (thermal spa) at the Royal Princess? Would love to hear any feedback as well as the price.

Thanks!

I've used the enclave twice on the Regal. The hours were from 8 am to 10 pm. Last year's experience was much better than this year's so I won't be purchasing a 7-day pass in the future. It just wasn't enjoyable or relaxing, unfortunately, due to some inconsiderate passengers [emoji19]

Edited by 4cats4me

I purchased a pass for this 2 yrs ago and I liked so much about the Enclave. The pool is AMAZING....however, the water beds and the stone loungers are not heated. I asked for them to be turned on and was given several answers, but they were never warmed. So, I declined a purchase to the Enclave on my last cruise.

I bought a pass and remember that neither the waterbeds nor the tile chairs were "hot", but they were comfortably warm. I think problems came when older folks, who can't tolerate too much hot right next to their skin (which thins with age) possibly got "burned". I was disappointed the beds and chairs weren't hotter, but it certainly wasn't uncomfortable or a deal breaker for purchasing a pass again.

There are too many completely wonderful rooms, sensory aspects and "treatments" available in the Enclave for it to be not worthwhile. My hands down favorite was the first room with the twinkle lights and low heat and mist.

They also had the best arrangement for showering and changing.

Not having access to an Enclave environment on the Caribbean Princess this past December was a bitter disappointment, so in February I will be in the Thermal Suite on the Getaway.

Kristine

I did a 7 day in the Caribbean with several sea days, a port intensive cruise to a part of the globe you've never visited may give you less time in the Enclave and should also be factored in to your Enclave decision.

I bought a pass and remember that neither the waterbeds nor the tile chairs were "hot", but they were comfortably warm. I think problems came when older folks, who can't tolerate too much hot right next to their skin (which thins with age) possibly got "burned". I was disappointed the beds and chairs weren't hotter, but it certainly wasn't uncomfortable or a deal breaker for purchasing a pass again.

There are too many completely wonderful rooms, sensory aspects and "treatments" available in the Enclave for it to be not worthwhile. My hands down favorite was the first room with the twinkle lights and low heat and mist.

They also had the best arrangement for showering and changing.

Not having access to an Enclave environment on the Caribbean Princess this past December was a bitter disappointment, so in February I will be in the Thermal Suite on the Getaway.

Kristine

I did a 7 day in the Caribbean with several sea days, a port intensive cruise to a part of the globe you've never visited may give you less time in the Enclave and should also be factored in to your Enclave decision.

We did the Enclave on the Royal and the Thermal on the Breakaway.

The Breakaway lounges overlook the sea, and the stone loungers warm as they should be. Love both but NCL does it better. You will love the Thermal on the Getaway :)

Edited by janetz