On Hold for 1 Hr, 40 Mins??

The last couple of times (in the past 6 months or so) when I called I had to wait around 30 minutes each time. I think even that long is unacceptable. I have only made new reservations online so if I have to cancel I can do it without calling in.

I avoid calling at all costs.

Anytime I have ever called before the wait time was 10 minutes or less. During the last month I have called three times, for three different reasons and my wait times were 93 minutes (at 11:30am), 128 minutes (at 8:00 pm), and 67 minutes (at 3:30 am). I asked after the 128 minute wait why the wait times have increased so much from previous calls and I was told that Jan, Feb, and March were the three busiest months of the year. Don't know how true that is but I have had a job dealing with the public when certain things, like wait times, were out of my control so I am sympathetic towards the operators and their hardwork. The good news is that by waiting on hold for so long I got to save big bucks on a price drop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bill........I chatted with the staff in Oregon, which is handling most of the calls these days. And they admitted that they are understaffed.

The team of old, from Miami and Witchita, well.......Kansas is gone, Miami only answers the phone when not playing ping pong with Mr. Goldstein.

When are we cruising again??:D

Rick

Rick, we have the upcoming Brilliance eastbound TA cruise, a Bermuda cruise out of Boston on NCL Dawn, the fall repo cruise on Brilliance from Boston to Tampa, a couple of Quantum cruises (November and February) and are looking at the Serenade repo from NOLA to Boston in 2015. Would be very pleased to see you and Bobbye on any or all of them.

Yes, I'm still on hold. I've heard about long hold times, but this is absurd. Should I give up??

Don't give up ! Multi task while waiting. I was seconds away from a 2 hr. hold, but saved $1,000 on our Allure cruise. Well worth the wait. Just put your phone on speaker and do other things till they answer !