Coral Princess room for 3 Apr 6 HELP PLEASE

sandradee56

Hello,

In December we booked 2 balcony rooms. One for hubby and I and one right next door for my mother. Due to someone compromising her credit card her final payment did not happen and her cruise was cancelled. I called Princess and they advise that this cruise is 100% sold out, not one spot left. They cant add her to our room as they claim that our room is designated as 2 people only. I am hoping to find someone who has a 3 room designation on their balcony room and would be willing to switch. Our room is balcony D230. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome. My mom is 84 and her cruising days are coming close to ending and this one she was so looking forward to. I am devastated. If we cancel we will lose all our money.

I wish you good luck. All you can do is be put on a waitlist. If your cabin is a 2 bed one, then they usually won't add a third person to it.

If you have a TA, have him/her be your advocate and do everything he/she can to get your mother on the cruise. There are almost always last-minute cancellations.

If you don't have a TA, then call every single day, a couple times a day to see if there have been any cancellations. See if you can get her put on a wait-list for ANY cabin type.

My only other suggestion would be to try the Roll Call for this cruise and see if someone there can switch cabins with you.

Good luck.

I would definitely call Princess back and ask for a supervisor. Explain the situation. I also would not worry about getting a balcony. There might be inside cabins available and she can come and enjoy your balcony.

As far as trading cabins, I seriously doubt if that would be allowed at this late date.

Good luck! We cruised with my mother until she was 90. Always an adventure!

SHe is on the waitlist for any room and if we are lucky enough to get anything she will just spend all non sleeping hours in our room. I asked the Princess person I spoke to if there was anything further she could do and was told other than placing her on the waitlist nothing further could be done. Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope it works out for you.

The Princess payment date is an absolute and there's no wiggle room. The lesson here is to make final payment a few days or a week in advance and then follow-up to make sure the payment went through. This is why TAs almost always ask for final payment information a week before Princess' payment due date just in case something like this happens.

It's also important to note that even if someone is willing to switch,they have to be in a lifeboat zone that has extra capacity. Even if the cabin is rated for 3, they may not be able to put three in there at this point.

SHe is on the waitlist for any room and if we are lucky enough to get anything she will just spend all non sleeping hours in our room. I asked the Princess person I spoke to if there was anything further she could do and was told other than placing her on the waitlist nothing further could be done. Thanks for your reply.

Please keep us posted. I hope something opens up for her. It wouldn't hurt to still call every day.