Upgrade (or Upsell I guess!) - calling soon

J_Viggy

Hi!

I missed a call from Carnival and then got an email. I emailed back and forth with the guy, and all he's been able to tell me is that it is an offer for an Ocean Suite. No pricing details available until I call.

I am currently booked in an Aft Extended Balcony. How much more would any of you be willing to spend for an Ocean Suite? I'm curious what the offer will be. I just priced it with a mock booking, and it would be about 620 more to just book it straight. Maybe if I can get it for only 300 more it would be worth it? Thought I'd ask for some thoughts here before I make the call!

Thanks!

I love the aft extended balconies so much, I don't think I'd upgrade to an Ocean suite unless it was free. Even then, I'd have to think about it. Just my opinion,

That's helpful info. This is my first cruise, so I really don't know! I knew for sure we wanted a balcony. Then I researched about the aft extended, and thought that would be great (esp because my husband is tall and the extra room will be nice for his legs!).

Looking at the pictures online, it looks like benefits of the suite are the bathtub and also a bit more space in the room. Not sure what else would be a benefit. The balcony looks maybe bigger then standard, but without the angled fence or whatever you call it.

That's helpful info. This is my first cruise, so I really don't know! I knew for sure we wanted a balcony. Then I researched about the aft extended, and thought that would be great (esp because my husband is tall and the extra room will be nice for his legs!).

Looking at the pictures online, it looks like benefits of the suite are the bathtub and also a bit more space in the room. Not sure what else would be a benefit. The balcony looks maybe bigger then standard, but without the angled fence or whatever you call it.

The Ocean Suite is larger than the aft extended balcony room, but to me, it's not worth giving up the aft balcony. You will LOVE sitting out and watching the wake of the ship and the land getting smaller and smaller.

I am so excited for you going on your first cruise. I hope you love it as much as I do. I have to confess, I get just as excited going on my 30th cruise as I did my first. Have a fabulous time.

One of the other benefits of the OS is that you will get priority boarding. Don't know if that makes a difference to you or not.

That is true. Suites give you priority boarding. I don't know if you purchased FTTF or not.

Edited by pungo3

The Ocean Suite is larger than the aft extended balcony room, but to me, it's not worth giving up the aft balcony. You will LOVE sitting out and watching the wake of the ship and the land getting smaller and smaller.

I am so excited for you going on your first cruise. I hope you love it as much as I do. I have to confess, I get just as excited going on my 30th cruise as I did my first. Have a fabulous time.

Thanks!!! I am super duper excited - only 26 more days! :D

They called and offered to move me from a standard balcony to and ocean suite on the Victory for $290 total. It was a four day cruise. I asked if we could be upgraded to the aft wrap around instead and they said yes, but it was the same price. That being said I would never choose an ocean suite of an aft wrap, and aft extended maybe. That wrap around balcony was just unbelievable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't upgrade either even if it was free to do so! The only thing I would upgrade to is an aft wrap balcony. To me and my DH there is no better view on the ship than the back of the ship. You can see everything from there and watching the wake with that turquoise water on sea days is simply amazing.

Have fun on your first cruise!!! They are totally addicting!:p

Hi!

I missed a call from Carnival and then got an email. I emailed back and forth with the guy, and all he's been able to tell me is that it is an offer for an Ocean Suite. No pricing details available until I call.

I am currently booked in an Aft Extended Balcony. How much more would any of you be willing to spend for an Ocean Suite? I'm curious what the offer will be. I just priced it with a mock booking, and it would be about 620 more to just book it straight. Maybe if I can get it for only 300 more it would be worth it? Thought I'd ask for some thoughts here before I make the call!

Thanks!

unless I am missing this.....which ship ? what itinerary?... for me that makes a big difference in what view you want to see.... and for me I probably would not change unless it was very cheap especially since you already have the FTTF