Quantum Grand Suite???

It was annoying when I was in the room. If people were walking outside on deck 5 they can look up into your room and see you lying in bed, seriously! They wouldn't see anything in detail but they could definitely see someone in the room or laying the bed from that angle. Sometimes when I got out of the shower and walked around my room to get dressed I had to remember that people could see and I had to close the curtain. ;)

:p

thats what i thought. I better start doing some sit-ups.:o

I hope you don't mind but I have a few more questions. I have only sailed RCCL once years ago, and not in a suite. Maybe you could fill me in on what to expect.:D I have sailed in the haven on NCL a few times. I know there is no haven area but is the service similar.?

Was there a coffee maker in the room?

I saw there is a fee for room service is this also true in suites?

Is there a suite restaurant for breakfast and lunch?

Edited by shaun07

• 3 months later...
Hi All,

Not sure if this helps. I took a video of the Superior Grand Suite during my trip from Southampton to Cape Liberty on 11/2. It has lots of room for two. It has two TV's which was great because it allowed me to close the curtain and watch TV while my wife slept. The balcony setup is a little weird as you will see from the video. They were still repairing the ship which is why you see additional access to the family suite balcony. The balcony funiture was stuffed on the main balcony because of repairs. The portion were the door slides belongs to the SGS. I hope this helps.

We will be sailing on the Quantum very soon. We have a Grand Suite. I was advised that the cabin, with the exception of a window in the living room area is exactly the same as the Superior Grand Suite. I understand that the balcony of the Superior Grand suite is different.

Did you tour a grand suite?

Thanks

Just a word of caution regarding the tub....we were in 7634 (SGS) and by the time we sailed they had put two padded lounge chairs in the alcove part of the balcony so that was nice.

Now, onto the tub....the front half of the tub has anti-skid protection, the back half does not. I was showering and hit some rough waters around Cape Hatteras....my foot slipped and I fell out of the tub --ended up with a softball size bruise on my hip but it could have been allot worse. Just an fyi...shower in port or stay in the front half of the shower where there is a grab bar in case the ship rolls with the waves....it was quite funny after the fact but as it was happening I was like "oh $hoot" ;)

Just a word of caution regarding the tub....we were in 7634 (SGS) and by the time we sailed they had put two padded lounge chairs in the alcove part of the balcony so that was nice.

Now, onto the tub....the front half of the tub has anti-skid protection, the back half does not. I was showering and hit some rough waters around Cape Hatteras....my foot slipped and I fell out of the tub --ended up with a softball size bruise on my hip but it could have been allot worse. Just an fyi...shower in port or stay in the front half of the shower where there is a grab bar in case the ship rolls with the waves....it was quite funny after the fact but as it was happening I was like "oh $hoot" ;)

OMG- that could really be a tragedy to a person over 60 or somebody with osteoporosis! I hope that you reported it to RC.

They should make sure that the entire tub has anti-skid protection! They could be sued and a poor passenger might suffer as a result of this problem. Might be a problem with all RC bathtubs!.

I will be cautious on my cruise next week! We are in a grand suite.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Your best bet would be to book an owners suite. You would have more room.

[quote name='heatherandfred']I'm assuming if we booked an Anthem grand suite, we'd get something like this? Hmmm...need to do more research as we would be using a pack and play and that glass table would be a problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heatherandfred']I'm assuming if we booked an Anthem grand suite, we'd get something like this? Hmmm...need to do more research as we would be using a pack and play and that glass table would be a problem.[/QUOTE]

The balcony is huge (even in a regular GS and not the SGS with the wrap-around) - you can put the glass table out there. You wouldn't be the first. Also, between the balcony doors and the couch is a round white table with a lamp on it, and there's a good amount of room between that table and the doors - you might be able to wedge the glass table in there.

Depending on where you want to put the pack and play, there's a decent amount of room next to the bed, before you get to the closets and desk. I think you could put it there and still get around quite easily to the closets, bathroom, etc. If you want to put it in the living room area, moving the glass table may be your best bet, though.