Quantum Grand Suite???

Am I correct in assuming that the difference between a grand suite and the superior grand suite is the balcony?

Yep. The superior grand suite has a large wrap-around balcony; the regular grand suite does not have the wrap-around, it has a regular rectangular balcony. The interior configuration is supposed to be the same, though it looks like the SGS might have a porthole facing the wrapped-around portion of the balcony, whereas the regular GS has only a wall in that location - that should be the only interior difference, though. It would be nice to have pictures or updated deck plans to know for sure.... :rolleyes:

Seeing as the SGS costs more than the GS, i really hope the balcony is open to the wrap-around portion.

Yep. The superior grand suite has a large wrap-around balcony; the regular grand suite does not have the wrap-around, it has a regular rectangular balcony. The interior configuration is supposed to be the same, though it looks like the SGS might have a porthole facing the wrapped-around portion of the balcony, whereas the regular GS has only a wall in that location - that should be the only interior difference, though. It would be nice to have pictures or updated deck plans to know for sure.... :rolleyes:

Seeing as the SGS costs more than the GS, i really hope the balcony is open to the wrap-around portion.

Thank you for the response.

If you take a close look at the first USA Today photo posted in another thread - it seems as though the balcony dividers have been removed and that it is now a true wrap around balcony on the superior grand suite - check it out - see if you agree - looks different than the other pictures earlier!

Courtesy of Paul Kelly (@CruiseWithPaul) on Twitter. I like what LOOKS to be a wall with dual TV setup between the bed and sitting area. Can also see the door going in to the bathroom from the "bedroom". It's in the GS description but haven't seen it before. It's almost almost looking like no more bar area, but I'm guessing we won't know until tomorrow when the first real passengers start posting!

GS1.jpg.7f2bbcd175c1b75944967ee57c827fa0.jpg

GS2.jpg.d108b3c516e3b21bfc2b428df2ce281f.jpg

GS3.jpg.c66499810384c4a9871bb03463f2e28a.jpg

I hope this link works. Pix of the Quantum Suites were just loaded onto usatoday a couple hours ago. They start with the various loft suites, and then OS and GS, as well as an accessible interior. No pix of the SGS or its balcony, though.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/11/01/quantum-cruise-ship-suites/18317643/

I hope this link works. Pix of the Quantum Suites were just loaded onto usatoday a couple hours ago. They start with the various loft suites, and then OS and GS, as well as an accessible interior. No pix of the SGS or its balcony, though.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/11/01/quantum-cruise-ship-suites/18317643/

Thank you for adding that link for the staterooms. It was fun to look through and see the different suites. The GS is different than on other ships, quite nice, but different. Wondering if the bedroom area has a TV. Bathroom has only one sink and less storage. Can't wait until we see more photos.

It has taken a long time to see the GS. Thanks again for providing the link!

Thank you for adding that link for the staterooms. It was fun to look through and see the different suites. The GS is different than on other ships, quite nice, but different. Wondering if the bedroom area has a TV. Bathroom has only one sink and less storage. Can't wait until we see more photos.

It has taken a long time to see the GS. Thanks again for providing the link!

The GS bathrooms is suppose to have 2 sinks, one of the reasons why we booked a GS. We've always love our JS rooms, love the JS "walk-in closet", lots of drawers n space which GS doesn't compare but GS's balcony bigger & your seapass is 'gold'!

We booked all GS on our 2015 cruise, since Quantum class is such an 'innovative ship' so.."WHY NOT"

I don't know if its just the way GS rooms pics were taken but the other GS I've seen on other RCI ships were more 'classier' looking.

and then there's DD!!

Just loving this more n more..

Sonia

I think the bedroom area may have a TV. There is a remote on the side table in the USA today pictures and there is also a remote in the sitting area. I'm guessing but hopeful :)

I saw both remotes and was hopeful. I was just wondering where the TV would be in the bedroom area. We really didn't get to see the entire space. Even thought about how in the loft suites the bedroom TV comes from the ceiling, not practical in this case though, ceilings too low.

Fingers crossed there are two TV's!

Try http://usat.ly/1wSMQEF USA Today Quantum mega suites

Great pics of the mega suites but nothing on the Royal Family suite. I don't think it is considered a mega suite and if I didn't see it on the deck plans of Quantum, I would start to believe the RFS don't exist but a family member booked one for next year but there are NO photos of the actual suite anywhere!

Thanks,

Swiss

I think the bedroom area may have a TV. There is a remote on the side table in the USA today pictures and there is also a remote in the sitting area. I'm guessing but hopeful :)

This is from the live report someone is doing on the ship right now - pics of the SGS are there - https://quantumlaunchers.shutterfly.com/

Pat