Transferring booked cruise to TA question

If you book a cruise online through RC, is it then possible to move it over to a TA to take advantage of the perks they offer? For instance some give pre-paid grats., OBC, etc. for booking with them. Does anyone know of any TAs that will give the perks if you move the reservation to them?

yss..and no we are not allowed to name travel agents here...there are some that advertise...or you can ask friends...or google...

but lots of "perks" may come with strings like cancel fees and less service

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Yes, TA's will still offer perks if you transfer a reservation you booked yourself. I believe it may be less than if they book it from the beginning though. We transferred our reservation to a TA after I booked it myself with RC and we got a $50 OBC. The credit was based on the total of your cruise, the more expensive the cruise, the higher the OBC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I am wondering about combining perks too. We will be on board next month so am looking to do a Next Cruise. I'm wondering if I can then transfer it to either AA for miles or USAA for reward points and retain the OBC from the Next Cruise. I think I'll contact AA and find out.

I am wondering about combining perks too. We will be on board next month so am looking to do a Next Cruise. I'm wondering if I can then transfer it to either AA for miles or USAA for reward points and retain the OBC from the Next Cruise. I think I'll contact AA and find out.

You can usually combine perks from a travel agent with OBC from Next Cruise. However, in some cases the travel agent's OBC is actually from Royal, so in that case it would not be combinable.

We did it....as said before, must be within 60 days. Combined prior booking ($100 OBC) with TA offered OBC and couldn't be happier! Just fax the form and relax. Also....try to take care of as many cruise details as possible with RCCL prior to transfer. Otherwise...you'll call TA who will then call RCCL and you'll be on hold twice as long. Enjoy your cruise!

I currently have a TA that I don't intend to use anymore. So when I'm on board I think I have to fill out a form to book the Next Cruise without that TA. Hopefully it doesn't limit me to not choose another. I'll find out in three weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I currently have a TA that I don't intend to use anymore. So when I'm on board I think I have to fill out a form to book the Next Cruise without that TA. Hopefully it doesn't limit me to not choose another. I'll find out in three weeks!

You can get your Next Cruise certificate to book direct (no TA name on the form). You can even, at a later date, book direct; and then, as long as you are inside the 60 days from booking, transfer to ANY travel agent.

Is that what you were asking??? I got confused.:confused:

If a NCC has no TA named (therefore it is with RCI), you can ask a TA to book the cruise using the NCC. They just have to fill out a form to get it transferred from RCI (takes a few days to get it done). This is the same form that would be used within 60 days of booking to get an actual booking transferred from RCI to the TA.

Steve

Thanks, y'all. I know my post was confusing. When I was on board last month, I did an open booking (which is what I converted to the sailing next month). I learned they will automatically associate it with the current TA unless you fill out a form telling them not to. That was my pondering... I will fill out a form to not associate it with my current TA and then after I'm back home I will transfer it to another TA. Sounds like it won't be an issue.

I did find out when transferring mine to a TA that not all perks are combinable. Example some Crown and anchor or early bookings did not combine with the wow and some of the TA perks.

Just as a side note since I usually like control and booking things myself when I find a great deal I check with my TA and if I can give them the business why not? They have done so much for me in the past.

Edited by spyke5

If you book a cruise online through RC, is it then possible to move it over to a TA to take advantage of the perks they offer? For instance some give pre-paid grats., OBC, etc. for booking with them. Does anyone know of any TAs that will give the perks if you move the reservation to them?

I booked a cruise on AOS 4 weeks ago for 2015. Emailed my TA and she is giving me $75 OBC and $75 excursion credit on top of my $100 from RCI. I faxed the paper work to RCI and everything is set in motion. (the fax sheet is under tab at top of rci web site, customer support/FAQ/reserving/after you purchase/can I transfer my res.......the form is a link in the answer.)

So yes, you can.