Bringing Snacks OnBoard RCCL Ships

So my wife has been asking if we can bring little snacks on our cruise in April on IOS. Crackers, chips, nuts, that sort of stuff. Has anyone had any experience with this or just know if we can or not? I wasn't having much luck on the RCCL webpage! Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

There is absolutely no reason why you won't be able to bring the kinds of snacks onboard any RCI ships and we have done so on most, if not all, of our cruises. Only non pre-packaged foods (meat, fruit etc.) would be prohibited from brining on or off the ship. Considering the prices of such items in the ship's General Store, it is strongly recommended.:)

So my wife has been asking if we can bring little snacks on our cruise in April on IOS. Crackers, chips, nuts, that sort of stuff. Has anyone had any experience with this or just know if we can or not? I wasn't having much luck on the RCCL webpage! Thanks for the help!

Cool we are going to bring some mixed nuts on the cruise. When I drink I like to snack on something light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I always have a small package of cookies, or crackers. (I need to eat something like that in order to swallow my morning pills. Choose something not too delicate, so they won't get crushed in the luggage. As for nibbles when enjoying a drink on the verandah, nuts and Pringles pack well.

There is absolutely no reason why you won't be able to bring the kinds of snacks onboard any RCI ships and we have done so on most, if not all, of our cruises. Only non pre-packaged foods (meat, fruit etc.) would be prohibited from brining on or off the ship. Considering the prices of such items in the ship's General Store, it is strongly recommended.:)

i was able to take on oranges, apples, pears on our March 10th sailing, so not necessarily true about no non-packaged items.

i was able to take on oranges, apples, pears on our March 10th sailing, so not necessarily true about no non-packaged items.

This is actually a violation of the USPH/CDC regulations, not an RCI rule. Only sealed, packaged, ready to eat food is allowed to be brought onboard. All food onboard the ship must be from documented sources that comply with all local, state, and federal regulations (including the USPH, which nearly no one in the US other than cruise ships comply with). Since you brought the food, it cannot be documented. Also, all ready to eat fruits onboard are sanitized in a hypochlorite solution before being placed out for consumption. Your food has not been sanitized.

Really very surprised this was allowed, security must have been having a very bad day.

Taking unsealed, unpackaged food off the ship is also not allowed, but this is due to local laws in the ports/countries in question.

Edited by chengkp75

This is actually a violation of the USPH/CDC regulations, not an RCI rule. Only sealed, packaged, ready to eat food is allowed to be brought onboard. All food onboard the ship must be from documented sources that comply with all local, state, and federal regulations (including the USPH, which nearly no one in the US other than cruise ships comply with). Since you brought the food, it cannot be documented. Also, all ready to eat fruits onboard are sanitized in a hypochlorite solution before being placed out for consumption. Your food has not been sanitized.

Really very surprised this was allowed, security must have been having a very bad day.

Taking unsealed, unpackaged food off the ship is also not allowed, but this is due to local laws in the ports/countries in question.

So not trying to sneak anything on board, but I didn't see anywhere that it was posted that it wasn't allowed. I honestly was just bringing on snacks that we had brought in the car and didn't want them to go bad.

So not trying to sneak anything on board, but I didn't see anywhere that it was posted that it wasn't allowed. I honestly was just bringing on snacks that we had brought in the car and didn't want them to go bad.

Not condemning, just wanting to get the correct info out there as to why it's not allowed. Don't want any CC members to get to security and then be upset that they had to dump the fruit. The USPH requirements govern nearly everything to do with food, water, pools, garbage, pest control, ventilation and lighting onboard, and usually the reason for a lot of things cruisers feel intrude on their "rights".

¡YES! :p

We have taken cookies, nuts, Chocolate covered Almonds, hard candy, individual sugar-free Crystal lite type drink mixes and sealed drink for the first day with no problems! ! ! ALL were sealed and individual or smaller sizes. :D

Edited by Tropicalgal2

I bring snacks on every cruise - FF Pringles, pretzals, peanuts, mixed nuts. Have never had an issue. Lots of times the pretzels or mixed nuts are in a zip lock, not a sealed bag. In our checked luggage. No one has ever told us we could not do this. I want snacks for the beaches so always bring stuff to munch on.

Edited by karena1

¡YES! :p

We have taken cookies, nuts, Chocolate covered Almonds, hard candy, individual sugar-free Crystal lite type drink mixes and sealed drink for the first day with no problems! ! ! ALL were sealed and individual or smaller sizes. :D

Perfect, we went to the store the other night and picked a few things similar to this, they'll go in our checked luggage no problem!!