EQUINOX - 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean - Picture Trip Report 3/14/14...

FRMPEI

Even though it's been awhile, I still enjoy reading these comments and looking at the vids and pics.

On another cruise, I've been asked to host a bar crawl. Has anyone been on one? I can't figure out how it would work with some people having beverages, some upgraded beverages, and some with none. Feel free to email. Thanks

gww.pog@verizon.net

.... We have not, YET, been to Prince Edward Island. BUT, it is on our priority, to-do listing for the future now that my wife is retired. Plus, I like fine seafood from PEI. Had great mussels from Prince Edward Island just last Saturday evening here in Columbus.

Just this past weekend we had a Shellfish Festival in Charlottetown which is good for our shoulder season for tourists. Lots of Muscles, Oysters, Clams, Lobster etc to eat. This is our busiest time for cruise ships we max out once with three ships in one day. Summit will be back here on Friday for its second visit of this season I hope to get down to take a few pictures.

are now busy planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing with Silversea over 26 days. Fun doing that future research!! Three of our stops will be Bridgetown/Barbados, Roseau/Dominica and St. Maarten/Netherland Antilles. Have not had a chance to go through all of your postings. What pages are those ports on your reports to help me check out what you did there?

Okay! Now you are making me Jealous... 26 days Nice. If you use 20 threads per page my Barbados Comments start on Page 11, Dominica Page 15, St Maarten Page 16.

My advice like you need any. Planes and Zip Lines.LOL!

Looking forward to your future blogs.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin, I just wanted to tell you how much I loved your trip report. You have turned your love and expertise of gadgets and technology into a fascinating read. I knew right away when you described yourself as a roller coaster fan that I would enjoy every minute of the story.

I too, love ship and planes. We always go to the port a day ahead of time, even tho we could easily drive over the morning of the cruise, just to watch the ships. Maho remains my favorite. The videos are excellent and may convince me to zip line. I am such a Maho nut that we are spending 8 days there over Thanksgiving. The clincher.........we are staying at the hotel at the opposite end from Sunset Bar. I WILL see the KLM 747 land and take off. Happy cruising to you and your lovely wife.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Yes! Boys love their tech toys. Actually it has just been the last couple of weeks that I have taken the time to put together some videos. They are a lot of fun but, so much work to edit and to get the final product. I still love Roller Coasters and Theme Park but, this cruise thing has kind of taken over.

Have fun at Maho watching the planes. We will be taking our boys and my sister & husband there this March when we are back on Silhouette.

Thanks Again,

Kevin Reid

Very professional job on the videos Kevin! :)

Mark you are too funny! :D

Hello Kathleen,

Wish we going with you again on Equinox in 2015 but Silhouette was calling our name. I see that you also have 2016 booked but pretty sure we are already looking at Equinox 11 day the week after you in 2016 or Eclipse around the same time frame.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Even though it's been awhile, I still enjoy reading these comments and looking at the vids and pics.

On another cruise, I've been asked to host a bar crawl. Has anyone been on one? I can't figure out how it would work with some people having beverages, some upgraded beverages, and some with none. Feel free to email. Thanks

gww.pog@verizon.net

Hi Stanley,

Thanks for coming back. Sorry I can't help you with a bar crawl not much into the drink thing. Stayed tuned I have at least one more video to post.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello,

Just wanted to give a roundup of the videos I completed in the last couple of weeks before I post my newest. I think the videos give a good overview of the activity that we did at those ports that day. I think in general readers of cruise critic don't click on videos. I wonder Why?

[YOUTUBE]0EVIDExI5EY[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]vsZT3EwgOHM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1rDPsuK2kPo[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]bWZr8YEzPLc[/YOUTUBE]

All of the above video were created on an iMac using iMovie. Sky Safari was my first time using iMovie. iMovie is real easy to use and there are tons of tutorial videos on YouTube for those who want to try their hand at video editing.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Cruise Daze - Small Moments Like These ...

Attached/linked below is my newest video that I want to share with everyone. I took a chance and tried my edit hand at Final Cut Pro X for the first time. I have owned this editing software for almost two years. I hope you like the song choice I think it is almost perfect for the video. (Small Moments by Above & Beyond). I always wanted to use this song in a video but was saving it for the right time. My son, Adam, and I will hear a song and say, 'boy that would be perfect for a cruise video." Sometimes we have to agree on not to use each others song. The challenge for me here was to fit 10 days and mega giga bytes of video clips into just over a 3 minute song. I used only two transitions one at the very beginning and one at the very end to get blank screens. All video clips are in chrono order of the cruise except for the very first clip which is of course taken when we got off in Port Everglades.

So if you haven't clicked on any of my previous videos please click this video because I think it will give you a pretty good overview of the entire trip and fun that we had.

[YOUTUBE]Npl9Lk7Fxo8[/YOUTUBE]

Regards,

Kevin Reid

CE14HX_%25200588%2520-%2520Version%25202-X2.jpg

Kevin,

I really liked this video. The look on your wife's face leaning on the balcony, assuming it is the end of the cruise, is priceless and is what ours usually looks like then! Good job!

They always end too quick.

Louis and Margo

• 2 weeks later...

... The look on your wife's face leaning on the balcony,

Thanks for taking the time to view "Cruise Daze". There is a little bit of a story to that final scene of Donna looking down onto Deck 3. There was a dance lesson (for couples/pairs) going on given by two Equinox Dance Performers the song they were playing was "Hit the Road Jack" you know... "Don't you come back no more no more". Now this was still pretty early in the day I would say around 10:30 AM and one particular gentleman, who obviously was getting the best value out of his liquor package so early in the day, was practicing his newly acquired dance lesson/moves all by himself off to the side. Donna was so focused in on watching him she didn't notice me zooming in on her. The first cut of this video I had Mr. Dancer in it and you would have been able to figure out what Donna was watching. But, I deleted it from final edit. It was quite comical to watch him try his new moves solo and still able to remain upright. I just finished a extended version of "Cruise Daze" just under 50 minutes which does includes Mr. Solo Dancer and all his fancy new moves. I Don't think this video will be for public viewing because quite frankly who wants to watch 50 minutes of somebody's home video? But, I am open to begging. :)

Thanks again for your comments.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

WOW, Kevin! Thank you so much for devoting so much time showing and sharing your Equinox cruise stories, pictures and videos. We will be sailing on the Equinox for the first time in March of 2015. I enjoyed your thread tremendously and am very excited about our upcoming cruise. Your pictures and videos are outstanding!:D

Maryann

WOW, Kevin! Thank you so much for devoting so much time showing and sharing your Equinox cruise stories, pictures and videos. We will be sailing on the Equinox for the first time in March of 2015. I enjoyed your thread tremendously and am very excited about our upcoming cruise. Your pictures and videos are outstanding!:D

Maryann

Hi Maryann,

Thanks for stopping by and adding your kind comments. Have fun March 2015 and be sure to post someting about your trip.

I can't believe that the view counter turned over to 90,000 views today. When I first started I would of been pleased with a couple of thousand. Thanks everybody!

Can't wait to get started on Silhouette 2015 Photo/Video Trip Report.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Guest USC Traveler

do they offer ice cream on the equinox? i don't mean in the dining room but do they have an ice cream parlor or self-serve ice cream in the buffet? do they offer milk shakes?

thanks for your answer. will be doing a 10 day caribbean cruise on the equinox and never have sailed celebrity before. i've cruised many times with princess and a few with holland america. i have booked an aqua cabin.

do they offer ice cream on the equinox? i don't mean in the dining room but do they have an ice cream parlor or self-serve ice cream in the buffet? do they offer milk shakes?

thanks for your answer. will be doing a 10 day caribbean cruise on the equinox and never have sailed celebrity before. i've cruised many times with princess and a few with holland america. i have booked an aqua cabin.

They have free "homemade" hard ice cream available in the buffet/ Oceanview Cafe which is delicious. Also soft serve is also available from the same location. (no self serve soft ice cream) Down on deck 5 you can purchase at a very reasonable cost Gelato. With the Gelato you can also requested unlimited side toppings. I usually get a side of M&M with mine. I have never seen milk shakes available anywhere unless some else wants to chime in on this one?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Yes you will get ice cream in the buffet and for a fee some gelato at Cafe Al Bacio. I don't remember seeing a milk shakes stand but we have been on the Equinox only once so I can be wrong.

Equinox is a beautiful ship, you'll have a great time I'm sure!

Josée

I know I'm coming to this review late, but I just wanted to say what a great job you did. I couldn't stop flicking through the pics and video, especially the zip lining in St Kitts - we may have to do this next time we visit.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Equinox and last year we did the 14 day on the Eclipse, which we are doing again in Jan 2015 - both beautiful ships.

Anyway, thanks again for your review. I am sure that anyone undecided about this same cruise would sign up immediately, so maybe Celebrity should send you some $$$:roll eyes:

Happy Cruising:p

Guest USC Traveler

i have booked this caribbean cruise for march 25, 2016. i'm an early booker. i

chose a concierge cabin on deck 11, number 1664. i wanted an aft cabin but i've read that since the aft of the ship is tiered, the balconies are not covered and "things appear on the balconies" from the decks above.

i am a traditional princess cruiser and i'm looking forward to jumping to a new cruise line that gets rave reviews!

kevin,

thank you for your review and pictures and information about ice cream!

Thanks for your comments. I hope you have a great time on Equinox March 2016. Be sure to check out the Gelato.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I know I'm coming to this review late, but I just wanted to say what a great job you did. I couldn't stop flicking through the pics and video, especially the zip lining in St Kitts - we may have to do this next time we visit.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Equinox and last year we did the 14 day on the Eclipse, which we are doing again in Jan 2015 - both beautiful ships.

Anyway, thanks again for your review. I am sure that anyone undecided about this same cruise would sign up immediately, so maybe Celebrity should send you some $$$:roll eyes:

Happy Cruising:p

It is never to late. :D Like I have said in this Trip Report we are huge fans of the Celebrity product. Gosh! $$$ that would be nice... I would settle for a nice dish of chocolate covered strawberries in our room each day.

The Sky Safari Zip Lining Excursion is so much fun and I can tell this operator takes safety first. Pretty sure we are going to do it again in 2015 with our boys. I have an updated version of our Zip Lining video available on my Vimeo account. I took out some of the queasy time lapse. I will post that link in the next post.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I created a new Vimeo Plus account which has no annoying ads. Slight change to the Sky Safari Zip Lining - edit/removed the time lapse of truck trip to run# 2 and edit/removed time lapse of walk to Run #5. Vimeo gives more freedom than You Tube.

So here is a link to the updated Zip Lining Video. Hope embed works.

Vimeo link:

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Guest USC Traveler

hello kevin,

i really appreciate your willingness to pass on equinox information. since this will be my first celebrity cruise, it seems like everyday i have new questions.

first of all, i'm in a quandry. when i sail on princess, i always like a cabin on the starboard side and the very last cabin on the emerald deck. this cabin has a larger balcony and also allows me almost a 180 degree view which includes the wake and i love it. so, i think cabin 1664 on deck 11 would be as close to that as possible. i'm wary of the aft decks because the balconies don't appear to be covered and they don't appear to have much privacy from the decks above. am i right about that?

but......i really would like to try an aqua cabin but none of them are near the aft of the ship, but it seems like cabins 1647 and/or 1650 would be good cabins. do you know anything about them? chosing an aqua cabin would offer me the benefit of "blu" restaurant which is an attractive benefit. if i'm in an aqua cabin, do have to have all my dinners in blu? am i allowed to eat in the main dining room if i want? can i still eat in the specialty dining rooms? would you suggest buying a dining package for three dining rooms a good alternative? i'm not really a spa person, but would i enjoy the persian gardens?

the mini-suite cabins on princess all have a bath/shower combination. i see that celebrity only offers baths in their suites. are the showers a decent size in the aqua cabins?

thank you for supplying any answers for me. i'm really looking forward to sailing on the equinox.