Flight to Copenhagen has 8 hour lay over in Iceland

Buffalo Man

Question is did you book as one itinerary with the connection, or two separate flights?

Last year we were flying one way to Barcelona. I was so careful in my selections(booked myself) Got a flight from San Diego to JFK with 1 1/2 hrs to connection with direct flight to Barcelona. Well, got a very confusing email from AA and called them. They had changed our flight to Miami instead with a

12 hour layover to flight to Barcelona. Gave me a night flight day before on first leg and second one already a night flight.So two sleepless nights. I tried for them to get us a daytime hotel room and pay for it but they wouldn't. We wound up spending the layover in Admiral's club at our own expense . At least we could stretch out and sleep a few hours, shower, eat etc. Cheaper than a hotel room and more convenient. I have found even if we plan well, these days the airlines are cancelling flights, consolidating to save themselves money.

I wouldn't knowingly book anything with a long layover even to save a few bucks.Not worth what it does to your body (time clock) with international travel.

I just checked IcelandAir out of JFK. They have a flight 612 at 2:10p landing RVK at 11:40p (which I think is what you're on) that connects to a flt 202 leaving at 1:00a ... just a 1:20 layover. That also is selling for $526.50, so the question is, is there room on that flt 202?
The flt 612/202 combo leaving on the 24th is selling for $572.50, not $526. They won't let me look at the seat map for the 202 leg, but there must be some seats on it or they couldn't be booking the combo.

Thanks everyone!

We booked through HAL. The flight from Iceland that leaves at 1:00am would get into Copenhagen way too early to get into the hotel. So we have a room with 4 beds at a B&B near the airport in Iceland that has free shuttle service and breakfast. This will work out as we can shower, change clothes and get some sleep and be more "perky" when we arrive in Copenhagen. We have transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to ship so we will just relax and enjoy.

Bear in mind that on an international fare basis, any stopover less than 24 hours is technically a connection, so you will already be checked in for your KEF-CPH sector when you check in at JFK.

You won't see your checked bags in KEF, so bring a change of clothes in your carry on, and essentials in the toiletries range. Then you only need to make sure you are back at KEF to go through security, and board on time--an hour should easily encompass it.

Glad it worked out for you. While I personally wouldn't have booked or let a cruise line put me on that flight sounds like you've made the best of the situation. Our flight into Athens arrives at 9 AM, most probably before a hotel would let you check in, but I figure by the time we get through baggage claim, whatever customs/immigration checkpoints, find our transportation, and actually drive into Athens it'll be an hour to maybe closer to two hours before we actually arrive at the hotel. Figure the worst case scenario is that the hotel has to put our luggage in a holding area. Not great but better than sitting around until a 2 or 3 PM check-in time. Our other flight options didn't land until between 5 and 6 PM, and there were several getting in around the same time, which meant not arriving at the hotel until 7 or 8 PM so it wasn't a hard choice.

We are flying from JFK to Copenhagen with an 8 hour layover in Iceland. 11:40 pm to 8:30 am. Two questions: does anyone know how early we should check in for the 8:30 flight. Any recommendations on where we should stay? We are traveling with my sister and brother in law.

The Blue Lagoon Hotel is near the airport, the geothermal springs are one of Iceland's most memorable features. Not sure how late they're open or early, but it could be a great break in your itinerary. www dot bluelagoon dot com

You may be able to check your luggage through and carry a change of clothes and swimsuit (not a new one, it will, get ruined).

Enjoy!