TV Inputs on the Jade?

geminierin

They may have both.

BUT - you probably will not have a way to change the input on the tv as they disable changing the source - just like most (not all) hotels.

They'll be there, but no way to change the TV to alternate inputs...

• 2 weeks later...

Can verify that all four tvs in the dawn garden villa had accessible inputs, but the input button on the tvs and remotes were disabled, except to switch to the built in DVD player, on all four tvs.

Brother travels 90% of the year and has tech to hook up his laptop, iPads, etc. to hotel tvs and nothing worked on any tv in the garden villa.

Sorry.

You might need to bring a universal remote.

The TV remotes they have do not have an imput function..

Not sure if the input button on the remote is disable, or the input function on the TV is disabled. Thinking it is on the TV, so another remote is not gonna do it. Just a guess on my part.

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014KKV7W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3FH43Y61HZEOQ&coliid=I31JX5JB71952G

It's a device that changes an av output into a coaxial output. Presumably, the coaxial input on the tv can't be disabled for the tv to get the signal.

While I appreciate the situation NCL is in, where they don't wish to have the inputs enabled for general guests (to avoid the constant calling of room stewards to "fix" the tv), it would be nice if there was a way for those of us who knew what we were doing to use our portable stuff.

I was on the Jade recently, and the inputs do work (on the new flat screen TVs they put on board). While the remote does not have an input selection, there is an input selection button on the top of the TV and it does work. (I was in a balcony so I can't say if anything was different on larger ones that would be in the suites).

...While I appreciate the situation NCL is in, where they don't wish to have the inputs enabled for general guests (to avoid the constant calling of room stewards to "fix" the tv), it would be nice if there was a way for those of us who knew what we were doing to use our portable stuff.

Actually, the reason hotels and ships disable the input selection is for the exact reason above. Customers fiddle with the input and then complain that the tv does not work, when it reality it does, but somebody change the input.

• 3 weeks later...
I was on the Jade recently, and the inputs do work (on the new flat screen TVs they put on board). While the remote does not have an input selection, there is an input selection button on the top of the TV and it does work. (I was in a balcony so I can't say if anything was different on larger ones that would be in the suites).

Thanks for the info! Bringing my external HD and a netbook just in case. So if the input doesn't work, I've got the netbook to fall back on;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums