Bananarama at West Bay questions

ValerieJo

Can someone tell me if this is a good place to go for the day? We are looking for a good snorkeling and relaxing beach place. Decent drinks and food and not terribly far from port. Beach Chairs/Umbrella to rent.

What we don't want is a super crowded place with a constant parade of peddlers.

Has anyone been here? How far from port? Rough price for taxi, chairs, etc.

Thanks for any input and information.

In my opinion, you are probably best to do it as a package deal. Taxi rates are high, so many people do the Victor Bodden or Rony deal,mainly just for the transportation,and knowing you have a driver at your disposal. $25 PP if there are 4 of you..Otherwise you pay separately for beach chair and transportation . Here is one link. But do be prepared for vendors or stay underwater...:D

http://www.bananaramadive.com/cruise-shippers/cruises-beach-packages.html

Edited by overthehillcruiser

As a follow up , you will dock At Coxen I believe, about a 30 min ride to West Bay. However, if you want really, really, quiet with NO vendors , you can do as we did a couple weeks ago and go to Turquoise Bay resort. They pick you up and bring you back for $25 PP, about 40 min from Coxen. We went from Mahogany. It is a popular dive center out at the reef, not good for shore snorkeling, but you can check there site which I will post the link ,and also my slideshow I took there. Happy landings and take your bug spray. Don't do like us and think you don't need it till our 4th trip there.

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/cruise-ship-beach-day.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rer7Fil-rk4

West Bay Beach where Bananarama is located in the premiere beach on the island....because of that there are plenty of people around... Bananarama can be a zoo, and I mean crazy nuts zoo.

With that said the very best easy access reef snorkeling from a beach can be had in West Bay all be it down the beach a bit from Bananarama.

As said above Turquoise Bay is an option for quite as is Parrot Tree but as far as I know one can not snorkel the reef of either of these places.

I suggest you have a look at Maya Key. I understand the snorkeling is very good and being an island no vendors. I hear amazing things about Little French Key as well but from what I understand one must take a boat to the reef.

Hi Guest. Where you wandering nowdays ?

West Bay Beach where Bananarama is located in the premiere beach on the island....because of that there are plenty of people around... Bananarama can be a zoo, and I mean crazy nuts zoo.

With that said the very best easy access reef snorkeling from a beach can be had in West Bay all be it down the beach a bit from Bananarama.

As said above Turquoise Bay is an option for quite as is Parrot Tree but as far as I know one can not snorkel the reef of either of these places.

I suggest you have a look at Maya Key. I understand the snorkeling is very good and being an island no vendors. I hear amazing things about Little French Key as well but from what I understand one must take a boat to the reef.

Hi Guest. Where you wandering nowdays ?

I only just returned from six weeks in Portugal.

I am currently back to work in Colorado.

I very much missed Roatan time this winter. I may attempt to find a few weeks to visit my very most favorite island in May or Sept.

My mother is considering Africa and safari come winter..she as asked me to join her. Or we may hit Scotland. Hard to say at this point, the planet is a huge place and wish to see it all. :0)

We decided to give an AI a try as we have been on quite a few cruises now. Going to Cozumel for a six nighter in June..We have always liked Cozumel.

I only just returned from six weeks in Portugal.

I am currently back to work in Colorado.

I very much missed Roatan time this winter. I may attempt to find a few weeks to visit my very most favorite island in May or Sept.

My mother is considering Africa and safari come winter..she as asked me to join her. Or we may hit Scotland. Hard to say at this point, the planet is a huge place and wish to see it all. :0)

Can someone tell me if this is a good place to go for the day? We are looking for a good snorkeling and relaxing beach place. Decent drinks and food and not terribly far from port. Beach Chairs/Umbrella to rent.

What we don't want is a super crowded place with a constant parade of peddlers.

Has anyone been here? How far from port? Rough price for taxi, chairs, etc.

Thanks for any input and information.

The food at Banarama is good. I ate there three times last week. The beAch is crowded when the cruise ships are in port but you can not beat the snorkeling off of the beach. It's worth the crowd.

• 3 weeks later...