luggage tags

aquarion

I can only talk about our experience on the Divina in March. Sometime after checking in online, MSC is supposed to send you your cruise tickets and luggage tags. That didn't happen with us, so 2 weeks before sailing I called customer service. They told me that, because I booked via a travel agent, they sent all the documents to her. When I called the agent she told me that she hadn't received anything from MSC. She told me she would call them and straighten everything out. Two hours later she told me they would email the documents to her and she would forward them to me. Later in the day I received everything. Apparently, if you book directly with MSC you can call them and they will send you everything.

Where do you go to print luggage tags?

Already signed in

You should receive an E Tik Docs from your travel agent or MSC directly about 4 weeks before your cruise, if you haven't call them!

This email will include you E Tik, and your luggage tags!

My last MSC trip my luggage tags ripped off. Although I had clear packing tape on them, they still came off. We had sailed, - no luggage. I checked with customer service and they said they did have the suitcase since I had my name, address, tag on it. They cross referenced the name and I got it about 9 pm.

My last MSC trip my luggage tags ripped off. Although I had clear packing tape on them, they still came off. We had sailed, - no luggage. I checked with customer service and they said they did have the suitcase since I had my name, address, tag on it. They cross referenced the name and I got it about 9 pm.

I found on ebay, luggage cruise tag holders. They were cheap and came in different sizes. I leave on 5/10/14 hope they work out well!

The ones that come with e-ticket are paper. Luggage person just staples both ends around the handle. It's possible that they might fall off but ours were fine. Actually I didn't like the whole luggage procedure starting with aggressive tip solicitation & ending with 3 hrs wait for luggage. Next time we'll bring with us; it can be rolled all the way to the cabin.

The ones that come with e-ticket are paper. Luggage person just staples both ends around the handle. It's possible that they might fall off but ours were fine. Actually I didn't like the whole luggage procedure starting with aggressive tip solicitation & ending with 3 hrs wait for luggage. Next time we'll bring with us; it can be rolled all the way to the cabin.

The tip solicitation is in all the ports now, esp. Miami. About 15 yrs. ago I was going on the Norway out of Miami and the porter said -" If you want to see this luggage again, I expect a good tip". I know to tip, I am a seasoned traveler, however this was over the top for me. I sucked it up and got that money out. It's not a good way to be treated though.

It's my first time cruising from US port. Previously we went from Europe and tips for porters were completely up to a client. No one hassled and suggested that luggage might not arrive is tip is not paid.

But tip topic aside I think the wait for luggage to be delivered was too long especially for people on first dinner seating. We ended up going in our plane clothes.

We have always had really nice porters on all three cruisers, but then again, I never thought twice about tipping them either. It really rubs me the wrong way to be told something along the line of if you want to see these again tip me. I really wish the cruise lines could take control of this. But it doesn't seem to matter what port or what cruise line you are with, this is the case. As a traveler you shouldn't have to worry about that.

• 3 weeks later...

we are !st time cruisers with MSC dep March 2015, can someone post a copy of an MSC luggage label please, (obviosly with personal details blacked out)

Thanks

Sandy in Spain