Fttf?

peteukmcr

As someone who's sailing for the first time on Carnival (not until April 2015), I'm not familiar with the 'FTTF' program.

I think I've got a handle on it, but would welcome the thoughts from those who've purchased it.

So a few questions.

1. How soon can you purchase FTTF after you've reserved your cruise?
  2. What did it give you?
  3. Was it worth it to you?
  4. Would you recommend it for someone who likes to get on board asap?
  5. Would you purchase it again?
  6. What is the boarding process like if you don't purchase FTTF in New Orleans?

Thanks in advance for all your tips regarding FTTF.

Relax:) Not everyone or even anyone needs F2F lol

I got caught up in the mad rush and didnt even want it! lol

Every man and his dog wants to be on the ship first but its going nowhere until you are all onboard:) The food will never run out and you will never miss anything:D

F2F is sold as an excursion that lets you board before gen pop and lets you go to your cabin as soon as you board, you also get priority luggage a special queue at guest services and the best part for those without excursions booked through Carnival "Express line for port tenders".

I dont do ships excursions so the $50 is worth it alone for the priority tender line in my opinion and many experienced cruisers might agree;)

As someone who's sailing for the first time on Carnival (not until April 2015), I'm not familiar with the 'FTTF' program.

I think I've got a handle on it, but would welcome the thoughts from those who've purchased it.

So a few questions.

1. How soon can you purchase FTTF after you've reserved your cruise? As soon as it becomes available for your cruise. You don't have to have your cruise paid off first either. You will find it under excursions for your port of embarkation.
  2. What did it give you? Priority boarding right after Weddings, Diamond/Platinum. Immediate access to your cabin, luggage delivered shortly after you get to your cabin, a dedicated phone line at guest services, a special line at guest services, and priority tender boarding.
  3. Was it worth it to you? Absolutely!
  4. Would you recommend it for someone who likes to get on board asap?Definately.
  5. Would you purchase it again? I sure would. Best $50 spent.
  6. What is the boarding process like if you don't purchase FTTF in New Orleans? That would depend on what time you get there. When you check in, you are given a zone number boarding card. Once they start boarding the non priority people, they call the zones, one at a time. If you have a zone 5, it may take a while to get onboard.

To us, just being able to get onboard and get to our cabin right away was worth the $50. The one time we went to guest services, we were the only ones there so we just went to the regular line. That cruise didn't have tenders so that wasn't used either but it was still worth the investment to us.

Faster to the Fun for $49.95 per cabin:

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/101031

FTTF is an excursion and is booked online like other Carnival excursions. If it is available, you can purchase it as soon as you book your cruise and get your confirmation number where you can set up your booking on Carnival's website. Carnival sells a limited number of FTTF packages per sailing to protect the integrity of the benefits. So sometimes it sells out. But check back frequently if you don't see it available for your sailing because it can become available. Since you can't see availability until after you book, you can book a refundable cruise fare, check availability, and then cancel the reservation if you don't see it available. I've done that with other excursions, and then rebooked once I saw availability (I rebooked with the cheaper Early Saver non-refundable rate).

DW and I recently did a B2B, with the first one utilizing FTTF, and the other without. I planned it that way to give us an opportunity to very quickly compare our feelings. I have to first say that initially I was adamantly against the idea of FTTF. I thought that it made no sense to pay $50 to have them simply do their job efficiently. However, after experiencing FTTF, and then immediately being without it, I must say, that I absolutely loved FTTF. DW, being the cost conscious woman that she is, is not so sold on it, but I can tell you that the next time we cruise, we're definitely doing it. The benefits are fully outlined by my fellow cruisers in their posts, so I'll not touch on that. I'll just say that we really enjoyed faster access to Guest Services, and all the other perks that it provides. My advice to you would be to give it a try. You can then decide if, in future cruises, you'll use it or not.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

This is the first thing I book as soon as I get my cruise booked. It is worth every penny to me. I don't have to carry my "carry on" around while eating lunch and exploring the ship. If I need guest assistance, I don't have to wait in a line that can stretch all the way around the atrium. I don't have to wait for hours to get off the ship at disembarkation. Great program!!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've looked at the shore excursions page for our sailing and nothing is showing, not even normal shore excursions. Perhaps I just need to check nearer the time.

FTTF people are not the first passengers to board. Platinum and Diamond go before FTTF for embarkation and debarkation. Platinum and Diamond tender before FTTF. If you think it's worth $49.95 then go for it, personally I wouldn't pay for it. Really never waited in line or felt the need to be the first on board.

FTTF people are not the first passengers to board. Platinum and Diamond go before FTTF for embarkation and debarkation. Platinum and Diamond tender before FTTF. If you think it's worth $49.95 then go for it, personally I wouldn't pay for it. Really never waited in line or felt the need to be the first on board.

Says someone who already qualifies for most of the perks.

I don't qualify so I happen to enjoy being able to spend a little more and receive the perks.

Edited by texreno

So a few questions.

1. How soon can you purchase FTTF after you've reserved your cruise?
  2. What did it give you?
  3. Was it worth it to you?
  4. Would you recommend it for someone who likes to get on board asap?
  5. Would you purchase it again?
  6. What is the boarding process like if you don't purchase FTTF in New Orleans?

As soon as it is listed in the excursion section.

We were on the ship within 15 minutes of arriving at port and able to go straight to our room.

Yes it was worth it to me.

Yes if being onboard asap is truly an issue to you.

Yes I would purchase again if available.

Sorry haven't sailed out of NOLA.

Just so you know the priority tendering is not as great as it sounds. They let you on the tender before people without priority tendering but the tender does not leave until it is full.

Yes it was SO worth for us!!! Got us on early & no lines & was got our luggage early too!! Also at guest services you dont have to wait in the regular line, you get the vip line :)

We will definitely be buying it again ! You won't regret it :)

Edited by shane_paula2014

So a few questions.

2. How soon can you purchase FTTF after you've reserved your cruise?

3. What did it give you?

4. Was it worth it to you?

5. Would you recommend it for someone who likes to get on board asap?

6. Would you purchase it again?

7. What is the boarding process like if you don't purchase FTTF in New Orleans?

Bought it for the first time for our August sailing out of NOLA on the Dream.

Will be happy to let you know how it goes after our cruise if you can wait that long! ;0)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app