Confused About Gratutities

felixbball

Quicker/cheaper to walk a bit and get it yourself:D

For me it would be cheaper to get it myself, but by the time I wake up the Lido buffet is a madhouse. Also there are no trays on the Miracle so rounding up a bunch of stuff for the roomies is really hard now. For me it is a well spent 3-5 dollars.

There is an automatic 15% gratuity added to your bar drinks- I think that may be where the confusion is coming from. If you order a piña colada from a waiter poolside the gratuity will be added automatically. Same with a diet coke.

Give your room service waiter $3-$4 each time. Go with a lot of singles for that purpose.

Your daily service charge, aka gratuities, will be added to your Sail and Sign card- no need to prepay these on line before you leave.

Sodas are never free. If you order one it will come poured from a can with the can beside it. If you purchase Bottomless Bubbles it is a fountain drink and you must flag down a waiter or wait at the bar for it.

For me it would be cheaper to get it myself, but by the time I wake up the Lido buffet is a madhouse. Also there are no trays on the Miracle so rounding up a bunch of stuff for the roomies is really hard now. For me it is a well spent 3-5 dollars.

Just hold onto the tray from your room service order and use it the rest of the cruise for you trips to the buffet. Make sure your room steward knows not to take it when they clean your cabin.

I have been on a lot of cruises and this last one was the first time we used room service in the AM. What a nice 7AM wake up call to a knock with our coffee and a nice breakfast. Worth every penny that we tip