Brilliance of Seas Questions

I just booked a suprise trip on BOS from the port of Boston going to Canana for my bf's 50th birthday. I'm wondering if anyone who's done this trip recently can tell me what the 'average' age range is onboard? I've read there aren't as many kids for this itenerary, which is fine with us, but i've also read the passengers are 'older'. While we certainly have no issues with cruising with others older than ourselves, i'm mid 40's, I don't want to be the 'youngest' onboard either:rolleyes:

Also was there a club you could do some late night dancing in? I can't seem to find any info saying there is?

Thanks,

Any input is greatly appreciated

There will be a reasonable mix of all ages on board but Canada/New England cruises are generally scheduled when elementary and high schools are in session (colleges as well), so there are more likely to be guests whose employment status allows them more latitude in choosing to cruise at that time of year. You are not likely to be the youngest people on board

There are a number of places for dancing on Brilliance including the Colony Club, the Centrum, and the Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge). The Vortex probably best fits your description for disco-style late night dancing.

The last time we were fortunate enough to cruise on the Brilliance (TA) we did notice a innovative addition to the dining facilities. With so many in-firmed passengers they have now set up valet parking for the scooters and walking aids and on deck 1.5 there is a car parking area to store them during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While we certainly have no issues with cruising with others older than ourselves, i'm mid 40's, I don't want to be the 'youngest' onboard either..

Well, you won't be. As the others have said, it is a more mature crowd and that's OK! There are always some children on every cruise, even if it's just a handful of youngsters. Brilliance is a gorgeous ship with lots of glass, and you will have a wonderful time. :)

One thing I will mention is that Brilliance has shower curtains as opposed to shower doors; if this bothers you (as it bothers me due to the smallness of the space), then I would suggest taking along a new plastic shower curtain liner and some clothespins from the dollar store. You can pin the new curtain inside the regular one and leave it there for the duration of your cruise. Your cabin steward will not move it. Just a heads up. :)

Thanks Runner2013 & all the posters...

Hard to find up to date reviews and information on Brilliance of the Seas... Any tidbits and helpful hints are appreciated. We will also be on this sailing - Runner2013 - so far a group of 10. We have the back aft cabins on deck 8.

Well, you won't be. As the others have said, it is a more mature crowd and that's OK! There are always some children on every cruise, even if it's just a handful of youngsters. Brilliance is a gorgeous ship with lots of glass, and you will have a wonderful time. :)

One thing I will mention is that Brilliance has shower curtains as opposed to shower doors; if this bothers you (as it bothers me due to the smallness of the space), then I would suggest taking along a new plastic shower curtain liner and some clothespins from the dollar store. You can pin the new curtain inside the regular one and leave it there for the duration of your cruise. Your cabin steward will not move it. Just a heads up. :)

On our repositioning cruise on Brilliance last Oct/Nov, we found that the shower curtains were heavier and less likely to cling than some we have experienced in the past. Given the smallness of the space, I would think that hanging a second curtain would only exacerbate the problem, if there is one.

Sorry to hijack this thread...

But cant seem to find this information. Will the Park Cafe be open on embarktion day? Does anyone remember what time? We are Diamond and will probably be on by 11:00/11:30 or so if all goes well, and will opt to eat here instead of fighting the windjammer crowds if this is an option on the first day. Hoping to avoid some of the pushing and shoving and get my "roast beef" sandwhich fix.:D

Thank you,

Sorry to hijack this thread...

But cant seem to find this information. Will the Park Cafe be open on embarktion day? Does anyone remember what time? We are Diamond and will probably be on by 11:00/11:30 or so if all goes well, and will opt to eat here instead of fighting the windjammer crowds if this is an option on the first day. Hoping to avoid some of the pushing and shoving and get my "roast beef" sandwhich fix.:D

Thank you,

I'm with you in your thinking.. last thing we want is to feel like one in a heard of cattle in the Windjammer once on board;)

Hmm good to know. My bf can be a bit ocd when it comes to his shower. I'll have to toss one in there just in case. Thanks for the info

Yes Runner 2013... plenty of time to join the masses at the Windjammer during the week long cruise... LOL

I see you are in Massachusetts. That's an easy port location for you :D. We are flying in on Friday from OKC with a group and making our way to McGreevy's on Saturday to watch one of our biggest games of the year for us --- OU vs TX. Already working with the OU Alumni of Boston to reserve a table... LOL I still can't believe BF agreed to go on the cruise this week. Probably jump on the trolley and hit some local areas and then the group will head to Legals for dinner, near the wharf area. Unless someone in the group comes up with better places. Our Hotel - Although not the greatest I think will do, because when i look at some of those prices per night - I about fall out of my chair. :eek:

Hopefully someone will enlighten us with more Brilliance hints and Park Cafe time on embarktion day!

Funny thing is i have relatives that live in the Boston area, and own a few restaurants. But my group is not wanting tex-mex (we kinda get that here :D)... so Seafood it is!

You can't go wrong with seafood here....:D

DH and I have sailed the Canada/NE route twice and look forward to a third. The age may be a bit more mature, but we had a blast. May I suggest the following sites/activities... Alexander Keith brewery tour and a pub crawl in Halifax, the zip line in St John, an aerial tour in Bar Harbor, Shipyard brewery and 2 Fat Cats bakery in Portland, as well as, a quick run up to Freeport.

Sailing soon on BOS, too. Will check out the park café for you.

Runner2013,

Just wanted to let you know i started a thread, but of course getting a lot of different answers. When we were on Allure it opened up at 11:30 on the first day, just like the Windjammer. As it does on some of the other larger ships. Looks like on the smaller ships where the Park Cafe is an addition to the Solarium it might open up later on the first day - who knows... Maybe in September we can get someone to post some quick/great reviews of Brilliance /NE Cruise with compasses, Menus and tips... Have a great day!

[

[see replies:

From Rhonda to Rhonda, I was on Brilliance from Tampa in December. Park Café was open on the first day from 1 to 4, 4:30 to 6, and 9 to 2 AM.

Windjammer was open from 11:30. - Mystaken

--------

Yes they were open on the New Years cruise but I cannot remember the hours. However they did not have the famous Roast Beef sandwiches on embarkation day. - FLACRUISER99

Edited by SoonerGirlOKC

DH and I have sailed the Canada/NE route twice and look forward to a third. The age may be a bit more mature, but we had a blast. May I suggest the following sites/activities... Alexander Keith brewery tour and a pub crawl in Halifax, the zip line in St John, an aerial tour in Bar Harbor, Shipyard brewery and 2 Fat Cats bakery in Portland, as well as, a quick run up to Freeport.

Sailing soon on BOS, too. Will check out the park café for you.

Thanks so much for the info. We did the zipline in Belize and loved it so maybe we can do it here and compare. I know the pubcrawl in Halifax would be a big hit with the bf as well.:eek: