negotiating a price?

megann831

We're leaving on the Pride on the 20th. We booked a suite because we thought with a 2 and 4 year old it might be nice to have some extra space and a bath tub, but I'm not sure if we're really getting much more space. The price dropped once so we already have $500 on board credit. Right now the prince is $905 and there are still 4 suites available, in the past month only about 2 have sold.

I'm thinking about calling and seeing if we can down grade to a balcony. They are going for $574. Would it be worth it to call and see if they offer to split the difference to keep us in a suite (offer it $750 or so)? Since it's paid for and we already on board credit I'd rather not risk loosing the suite.

You're so close to sailing that there is no way Carnival will allow you to downgrade at this point. You can try, but you'll probably be stuck with the suite you booked. The only way you could've downgraded would've been if you'd done it before final payment and you weren't booked ES.

Enjoy your cruise--little ones on cruises are so much fun!

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I've been in 4 or 5 suites over the years. Believe me you WILL have more room. I can't imagine spending the amount of time you will spend with a 2 & 4 year old in a regular balcony room. They are much closer to a regular hotel room than the balcony cabin. Cribs and extra baby equipment (strollers etc. ) will take up a lot of space. Enjoy the suite and don't second guess yourself.

its never 'not worth it' because its just a phone call.

Tried calling Royal Caribbean on a Sunday afternoon lately? :D

Seriously, I agree it's always worth asking. Just be prepared to be shot down but also be prepared to make an instant decision.

I say go for it because you never know. Prior to our March cruise I got a call asking if we wanted to upgrade from our balcony to a suite for $340. I mentioned that I thought that wasn't a great deal and she offered it for $140. That was a good deal so we took it.