Post Cruise Hotel Recommendation in Miami

cobianlover

We aren't flying home until the day after our ship returns (July 6th). Having never been to the Miami area, I have no idea where to look for a hotel that keeps us in close proximity to the port and Miami airport. Maybe something on a beach??? Or with a really nice pool??! Anyone have any suggestions?

Something close to the port would be downtown. I've stayed at HIPOM and Intercontinental. I wouldn't say their pools are anything spectacular.

I've never stayed out by the airport, so can't comment on hotels in that area.

If you want to be on the beach, look for hotels in South Beach. They'll be kind of spendy in general, but maybe you can find a good deal.

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Intercontinental and a couple of others. Now we usually stay near the airport and the name of the hotel is failing me now. If you need I can look up and I'll let you know tomorrow.

We have stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Intercontinental and a couple of others. Now we usually stay near the airport and the name of the hotel is failing me now. If you need I can look up and I'll let you know tomorrow.

If you don't mind....:o

We have also stayed at the Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay near the Port but now we stay at a hotel near the airport Homewood Suites, Miami Airport Blue Lagoon. I'm not sure if you are going with other couples or not but they have two bedroom suites which are awesome for sharing with other couples. They each have their own bathroom but you share the living room.

If you want to do things, stay near POM, as the hotels near MIA are isolated. The ride from POM to MIA is about 15 minutes. The Double Tree on Biscayne Bay is nice, especially if you have a room overlooking the bay.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon ( near the airport, free shuttle to the airport, $15 shuttle from the port to the hotel ) is lovely. Nice pool area, across the street from a nice shopping / restaurant area. Excellent Cuban restaurant there. I have stayed there many times and have always been pleased. Enjoy !

The very LAST place you want to stay in July is downtown Miami or at the airport. Inland areas are extremely hot and humid in the summer.

Stay out on the beach. The ocean breezes make it much cooler. Plus if you stay in South Beach, you'll have a ton of shops, restaurants, and attractions within walking distance.

Trust me, do not stay downtown or at the airport during the summer. Pools are unusable it is so hot.

I would definitely stay on South Beach - so much to see and do - yes, hotels can be pricey but there are many options especially if you just want a place to sleep, shower, etc - a pool is great but you have miles of great beach to enjoy - we have stayed at the Richmond, South Seas, Marseilles and Raleigh - the Raleigh's pool is one of the best - all are right on the beach but many hotels are not which would be cheaper - good luck but be sure to stay on South Beach - I would never want to be stuck out at the airport for a post-cruise!

We stayed at Beach Paradise Hotel for a day post-cruise a couple of years ago. It's not the flashiest place, but you're not going to find a Hilton-type hotel in the heart of South Beach. The room was large and comfortable. The hotel was across the street from the beach. Best part was we got off the ship about 9:30 and were at the hotel a little before 10:00 thinking we would just drop off our luggage until we could check in later in the day, for $20 we were able to go right up to the room. Not sure if they still do that or not but it was a very welcome surprise.

I booked our pre-cruise stay for two weeks from now with them mostly because the site i use to book my HOTELS on shows a price, then when you click in to reserve the room they all add taxes, and then a lot of the SoBe hotels add in a resort fee.... so a room that looks like it will cost $100 ends up being $150 or $160. BP doesn't have the resort fee so even though they may not look like one of the less expensive options they really are.

Agree. You do not have to stay downtown or at the airport. Espceially if you haven't seen Maimi Beach/South Beach, that's where you should start looking. There is NO ambiance at the other locations and they don't scream Miami Beach. Make your last day an experience, not just a "post cruise stay".

Edited by eandj