Boring menu question....should take you all 10 secs to answer :)

Hi,

Trying to work out what menus are on which night for 2 upcoming cruises. I have booked 2 short cruises this year, one for me and my partner alone and one for us and our 2 children (their first cruise).

I have tried doing a search on the forum, I have tried looking at previous 4 night reviews and I have asked on my current Roll Calls....I still have no idea :confused:

Adventure - 4th May 2014 (4 nights from Southampton)

Independence - 28th October 2014 (4 nights from Southampton)

If anyone knows (or knows how to work it out) which of the menus will be on each evening it would be really appreciated so I can get doing some planning!

Thanks in advance for any help :D

You are right, that took me about ten seconds to read.

Kidding........

From experience, I have had better luck just googling the question, instead of searching for an answer on here.

Hope that helps.

Are you talking about the rotating menus from the MDR?

Most ships have 7 menus they will rotate through but it's up to the chef as to which goes when. I have done 4 weeks on the same ship(4x7day cruises b2b), and it's not the same each week.

You can ask when on board though as it will already be decided for that week and they can actually let you see the menus if you want to look them over to see when to go to specialty restaurants.

Hope that helps :)

Hi,

Trying to work out what menus are on which night for 2 upcoming cruises. I have booked 2 short cruises this year, one for me and my partner alone and one for us and our 2 children (their first cruise).

I have tried doing a search on the forum, I have tried looking at previous 4 night reviews and I have asked on my current Roll Calls....I still have no idea :confused:

Adventure - 4th May 2014 (4 nights from Southampton)

Independence - 28th October 2014 (4 nights from Southampton)

If anyone knows (or knows how to work it out) which of the menus will be on each evening it would be really appreciated so I can get doing some planning!

Thanks in advance for any help :D

The answer is that you really will not know for sure until you board the ship.

I hope that knowing this is not crucial to your enjoyment of your cruise.

You should always have something on a holiday trip like this which can surprise you. Nothing, really nothing, has to be planned that well in advance.

And there is always something on the menu, which you will like. (too many choices). About 8 Starters and the same amount of entrées. Some menus will be posted already in the morning at the entrance of the dining room. And in the evening the waiters give you enough time to decide which menu you like.

I don't even see the point of knowing what menu there is before your cruise. I can see a point of knowing it while cruising to decide what you might eat for lunch (without eating something quite similar for dinner).

Edited by onyx007

Hi,

Thank you for your replies, it's nice to know I can find out when I get on board.

Don't worry, it is not a crucial part to my planning, I am not sat hyperventilating in front of my computer! ;)

It would have been nice to plan the speciality restaurant in advance and also plan when we want to visit Johnny Rockets (on our last cruise we went to Johnny Rockets at about 3pm and by 8pm we were still not hungry enough to go to dinner!).

But another reason is just to get excited about the food!!! I'm a foodie in hiding, because due to a busy lifestyle I eat boring, quick, "slap on the plate" food :( Eating out and eating great food is a real treat to me, making the food a big part of my enjoyment of a cruise. I just wanted to know, if possible (though I now realise its not) which 4 of the many menus it would be so I could salivate over my fave dishes in advance (whilst my partner watches rubbish on tv!) :D