Club 02 age requirement question

reerun25

Has anyone had any luck on Carnival allowing their 14 year old to move up to Club 02? I know the age requirement for 02 is 15-17, but on our upcoming cruise our son and his friend will be less than 2 months away from turning 15, and I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to get their child moved up under similar circumstances. He does have an older sister, but she will be 18, so she will not be in 02.

Edited by reerun25

depends. I'd ask the director. my son had turned 18 the week before we cruised and they let him in the club. they told him if he caused problems he wasn't going to be allowed to stay. He did take his school ID and schedule to prove he was still in high school. I'm so grateful they allowed him in the club.

My daughter (technically age 11) and I just returned from a 4-night on Carnival Victory. It was our second aboard Carnival, first was on the Destiny (now Sunshine) and we've been aboard Royal and NCL. Your question is a good one, which we dealt with the moment the doors opened to register kids for the youth programs. Eloise, the Youth Programs Supervisor (or whatever her title is) did, in fact, permit my kid to move up to the Circle C program which has a 12 year-old entrance requirement. While it's true she is almost 4 months shy of 12, after a fairly quick "interview" where my daughter had a chance to display her maturity and personality, Eloise determined that she would get along fine with the slightly older crowd and permitted it. Within the first hour of being involved in the Youth Program, my kid made friends with a couple of girls, age 12 and 13, and the three of them became inseparable. Moving up into the next age group can, and has been done, depending on the judgment of the Supervisor and the circumstances.

A few years ago on the Paradise, they let my 14 year old go up to O2. He was 2 months away from 15. He went by himself the first day and asked. I guess they thought he was mature enough. It probably helped that he was 6 ft tall by that time. :p

Never hurts to ask.

Has anyone had any luck on Carnival allowing their 14 year old to move up to Club 02? I know the age requirement for 02 is 15-17, but on our upcoming cruise our son and his friend will be less than 2 months away from turning 15, and I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to get their child moved up under similar circumstances. He does have an older sister, but she will be 18, so she will not be in 02.

Yes you can. We just did it on our cruise on Carnival Liberty. I had registered DS13 online (he turned 14 on the cruise). Once we got onboard he went to Circle C activities the first night only to learned the room was full of 10-11 yr olds. He went to Club o2 the next day and asked for a sticker to be with his brothers (DS17 & DS15) no problem at all. I never even spoke with the counselors, he did it all on his own.