Question re Chair Hogs ...

kristie64063

#1) I've never seen carnival put a sticker on the chair until the person has been gone much longer than 10 minutes. Typically its more like 20 to 30 minutes before they put the first sticker on.

#2) I've been on 15 Carnival Cruises and I'm going on my 16th one in another week. As you can imagine I have been to the buffet many times on many ships and I have never seen a person make it through the buffet in 10 minutes.

Both of these factors together make me believe that your group were indeed away from the chairs a lot longer than 10 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

And, that's where you are WRONG! We were not gone for more than 10 minutes. Some of us went to the buffet, some to Blue Iguana. And the reason we didn't get our food FIRST, I am not going to try to juggle towels, a beach bag, etc, while carrying a plate of food.

Anyone on here who can admit to being a CHOG? Never even thought about leaving my stuff on a chair and hoping or assuming it will be there when we got back.

Same here! I'd be afraid to leave my stuff sitting on a chair without at least a family member to watch it. I don't even like to set my food tray down in the buffet dining room to go get a drink. Those pool attendants are really slow to remove the towels from the chairs but the busboys in the dining room are very fast about removing plates from the table.

Just off the Triumph and last day at sea, went for coffeee at 8:30. I thought I would watch the seasside theater for a while while the wife slept in. All the chairs facing the theater were occupied by towels, backpacks and beach bags. out of about 100 chairs facing the screen, about 5 upper level chairs were open. And out of all those chairs there were exactly 4 people actually sitting in them. Also all the chairs around the pool had towells. I was tempted to take all the towels and personal items and make a HUGE pile on the deck. I have never seen such a display of chair saving and Carnival doing nothing about it. Oh well I guess it's game on from now on

Just off the Triumph and last day at sea, went for coffeee at 8:30. I thought I would watch the seasside theater for a while while the wife slept in. All the chairs facing the theater were occupied by towels, backpacks and beach bags. out of about 100 chairs facing the screen, about 5 upper level chairs were open. And out of all those chairs there were exactly 4 people actually sitting in them. Also all the chairs around the pool had towells. I was tempted to take all the towels and personal items and make a HUGE pile on the deck. I have never seen such a display of chair saving and Carnival doing nothing about it. Oh well I guess it's game on from now on

LOVE IT! And I would have helped you!

I guess I can be considered a chair hog because when I go to the jacuzzis, I put my key card, swim cover up and towel on a chair that I can see. I will stay in the jacuzzi and switch back and forth to the pool for a couple of hours. I don't mind when people sit in the chair, just don't touch my stuff. I do yell out to them that it's my stuff on the chair. There are plenty of chairs all around the cruise ship. I don't understand why people get upset about others using the chairs while they are in the pool area.

I've even had people put their stuff on my chair, while I'm in the pool, and getting in the pool too. I don't mind at all.

Same here! I'd be afraid to leave my stuff sitting on a chair without at least a family member to watch it. I don't even like to set my food tray down in the buffet dining room to go get a drink. Those pool attendants are really slow to remove the towels from the chairs but the busboys in the dining room are very fast about removing plates from the table.

The CHOG secret is to buy a few bits from a local charity shop near port before you board, usually a 10c book or a $1 plastic purse and cheap pair of second hand Walmart sunnies to leave on the lounger along with a half empty bottle of water and a wet towel then your good to go for hours ;) :D:D:D

Edited by fishtaco

The CHOG secret is to buy a few bits from a local charity shop near port before you board, usually a 10c book or a $1 plastic purse and cheap pair of second hand Walmart sunnies to leave on the lounger along with a half empty bottle of water and a wet towel then your good to go for hours ;) :D:D:D

I'm gonna have to remember to dip the towel into the pool before I get in...lol..:cool:

nice bag.... I just thought of something different that Carnival can do...

They can make an item that is in the shape of a hog with a sign that says "Chair Hog".... and then can place these on the chairs.

Or even better... a hog sitting in a chair.... :)

I often go out out and smoke 3 cigs in a row on my balcony , then I grab a pair of blue jeans and sleeveless tee **** leave leave the room at 7am and deposit the shirt and jeans on a chair near the pool ( base ball hats just won't do to hold a chair all day).

I then leave go down to guest services , remove my auto tips ( I tip in cash) .

Head up to the mdr if open or buffet to eat massive amounts of bacon sans bacon police . I do this all while wearing my bath robe.

Pretty soon its elegant nite so I return to my chair get my sun bleached jeans and tee shirt from the chair and good to go !

Of course I will stop and take pics at all the stations , buy none but will take picture of the pics

LMAO - and you probably use your FTTF to cut in line, too - nasty person, you are. :p

• 3 weeks later...
nice bag.... I just thought of something different that Carnival can do...

They can make an item that is in the shape of a hog with a sign that says "Chair Hog".... and then can place these on the chairs.

Or even better... a hog sitting in a chair.... :)

Everyone talks about coming out to find numerous towels occupying chairs instead of people. So I took a picture of the chairs when I came out on the last sea day of my cruise last week. Talk about chair hogs! There were chair dinosaurs, elephants, dogs, monkeys, etc..... Every single chair on the deck was being "hogged"!

1400300092806.jpg.11ddd4b06206758c2e91d483ba3535eb.jpg

1400300106605.jpg.740a34d09b81ab60caa55f0342f3e511.jpg

The whole chair hog issue can be resolved simply.

Attach a parking meter to each lounge chair. Carnival can provide free tokens for the meters. Feed the meter before the time expires or it's up for grabs.

Chair hog problem solved. :)

Getting ready for my first cruise. I've had visions of sitting by the pool reading my book. Sounds like it might be more difficult than I thought!

If you look at the pictures of all the little towel animals occupying the chairs it was really cute. They only do that on the last day. The staff must stay up half the night folding little towel animals to stick on those chairs. But it was quite a sight when I walked out on the deck in the morning. In actual fact I never had any problems finding a chair on the deck this last cruise. Didn't really see any chair hogging. Other than the cute little towel animals on the last sea day of course.

Getting ready for my first cruise. I've had visions of sitting by the pool reading my book. Sounds like it might be more difficult than I thought!

Nah..I'll just save you a spot by me.:D DS loves the Waterworks/water slide/water play areas and me not so much. So I'll let him go on the slides and play in the water as much as he wants while I lay there, read my book and soak up the sun. :)