Bora Bora - Table Top NIGHT dive

Does the PG require night dive certification? Doesn't say in the excursion book. Only says that it's a dive for certified divers. We've never done a night dive.

Any reviews, opinions on whether or not this is a good dive? We will have done the dive there during the day. The idea is to dive it again at night to see how it's different. But, we want opinions from those who have done it to help us decide if it is worth it or not.

We're on the PG Aug. 27-Sept 3. Any other CC'ers joining us?

You do not need night dive certification to do this dive. It is with an outside operator --they supplied all equipment other than fins/mask/snorkle. I must admit that this was my least favorite dive of the 9 we did on our PR 10-day in June. Maybe, night diving is not for me -- my husband enjoyed it much more than I did. My favorite part was looking up after descending the 15 feet to the "table" and being able to see the stars through the water.

Hummm... if I hold my martini glass up and look at the stars through the gin it might be a nice view, too. And much less expensive. Oo! Oo! Champagne! That's it! Was it Dom Perignon who invented champagne and said, "Brothers, we are drinking stars!"?

Well, I'm not very interested about the night diving. I'm a little chicken --- fearing being disoriented. However, my spouse really wants to do it. We are fortunate in that we are doing a back-to-back on the PG. So perhaps we'll wait for the 2nd week. I might be more comfortable then.

Thanks for the response. I bet it was cool to see the stars through the water. Probably more van Gogh-like than Gauguin, huh?

It's interesting --- just not my cup of tea. We had dove TT 3 times previously (including earlier that day!) and I was curious about the differences. Recommend highly Tapu, Ledges and Shark Gallery --- If I was doing another back-to-back, I'd want to dive those three each on both weeks!

Also, consider diving with outside operatior (e.g. bora dive center or top dive) for

a Giant Manta Ray dive. We dove with bora dive center in March for both manta rays one day and sharks the next (saw more sharks than sharks gallery or ledges, but BDC feeds the sharks)...have fun...r/wes

Sita -- Yes, that's kind of what we have in mind to do (at least those 3 dives both weeks), based on what we've read and heard from your experience and others'.

Wes -- Thanks for the lead on the Giant Manta dive operators! We're really interested in that. And, thanks again for the lead on the TA last year. She's been wonderful. I can't believe we booked it over a year ago and we're only now 25 days away!

Kim

Archived