Is Carnival Gay Friendly

I am going to be on the Carnival Glory August 19th 2013 out of New York to Canada, I am hoping other Gay men are going but no one responds to my post on the forum boards on the Carnival website. I hope I am not the only gay guy on this cruise. :mad:

I highly doubt it. I posted a roll call on here for our past cruise and nobody responded to mine either. Once we got on the ship our "gaydar" kicked in and we spotted several gays on the ship. Went to the FOD meeting and sure enough, there they were plus several others. ;)

I highly doubt it. I posted a roll call on here for our past cruise and nobody responded to mine either. Once we got on the ship our "gaydar" kicked in and we spotted several gays on the ship. Went to the FOD meeting and sure enough, there they were plus several others. ;)

Exactly. We've had the same experience. Not every cruiser is a member of this site.:)

I am cruising in Dec. on the Carnival Splendor for Christmas, now while I am quite sure there will be tons of families. I am hoping there is at least 1 or 2 other gay Uncles like myself traveling with their families. LOL. I just sailed on Celebrity Summit in April, while there were a lot of gay men on the cruise I was quite disappointed there was not a Friend of Dorothy gathering. I have also sailed NCL which did have a gathering which was nice.

I am cruising in Dec. on the Carnival Splendor for Christmas, now while I am quite sure there will be tons of families. I am hoping there is at least 1 or 2 other gay Uncles like myself traveling with their families. LOL. I just sailed on Celebrity Summit in April, while there were a lot of gay men on the cruise I was quite disappointed there was not a Friend of Dorothy gathering. I have also sailed NCL which did have a gathering which was nice.

There should of been a LGBT/FOD held at the Martini bar nightly, posted on the board at Guest Relations.

Very gay friendly. Have sailed on Carnival ships with my partner of 20 years on 10 cruises. Staff is always great. It is what you make it to be. They were having the "Friends of Dorothy" at designated locations on the ship, but believe they changed the name. Might need to get clarification on that. Sail on Fantasy in September, so will see what the status of that meeting time has changed to. A very diverse group on these ships, and the staff is well trained and most are really friendly and enjoy conversing. We'll be sailing on Celebrity Reflection in March 2014, and will be a new experience, as we've never been on a Celebrity ship.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I last posted on this board (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28233927&postcount=170)

When we were on the Carnival Fascination out of Jacksonville, FL, back in September 2012, I had a different experience that never happened before: I fell asleep face down on a lounge next to the very crowded pool, woke up with someone straddling me and trying to pull my speedos off :eek:

Yup, he was drunk as a skunk! And he did compliment me on my "figure" :D

I'd have to say he was being mighty gay friendly, while on Carnival.

Dennis

Costa Romantica, 4/1998

Celebrity Mercury, 4/1999

Celebrity Galaxy, 12/1999

Costa Victoria, 4/2000

Costa Atlantica, 4/2001, 4/2002, 4/2003, 4/2005

Costa Mediterranea, 4/2004

RCI Serenade, 4/2006

Golden Princess, 6/2006

Carnival Sensation, 10/2006

RCI Radiance, 11/2006

Carnival Holiday, 10/2007

RCI Jewel, 11/2007

RCI Grandeur, 2/2008

RCI Serenade, 11/2008

Carnival Holiday, 9/2009

RCI Liberty, 11/2009

Celebrity Solstice, 11/2010

Carnival Elation, 4/2011

Celebrity Eclipse, 11/2011

Carnival Fascination, 9/2012

RCI Allure, 11/2012

Celebrity Reflection, 11/2013

• 4 weeks later...

It is our Cruise Line of Choice. My partner and I have been together going on 12 years. Carnival does have FOD meetings and we have always talked to a few people at the meetings. I think some of the post on here are a little out of tune. Unless you go on an all gay cruise (or as like to call it a giant orgy) I dont understand the big deal. I do not believe in PDA for anyone (straight people included) People know we are together but there is no need for us to flaunt it. We have never had a problem. Most people have been nice or in different. We have had a few stares (which one can get anywhere at any time) I just looked at them, glared back, rolled by eyes and gave them a polite hand gesture lol. I guess Im on the conservative side when it come to PDA. IF you want to suck face and get stupid go on an all gay cruise or all gay vacation. It sickens me when people act in such a way because they are just trying to draw negative attention to themselves. Im not say that everyone on here who has posted but merely going by what I have witnessed on all gay vacations I have been on.

In regards to the comedians and jokes people need to lighten up a little, take the chip off of your shoulder. Humor is humor and I have never been offended by a comedian making gay jokes. Humor is Humor. Carlos Mancia makes jokes about his own kind (hispanic) We also laugh at jokes by fellow gay comedians. The problem with American and people in general is that everyone is TOO politically correct. Oh that offends me. Oh thats terrible. We go to gay bars and the drag queen MC makes jokes about gays and straight people. BIG f****** DEAL. I would never complain about the comedians are anyone making a joke. People need to lighten up. I am 46 years old and have toughened up over the years I guess but getting my feathers in an uproar over glares and jokes do not bother me.

So, I guess in conclusion, go on a Carnival Cruise you will have a great time. And if there are some people who are offended by you, oh well, there is always going to be people who dont always agree with us, our way of life, or anything. Thats part of life. My stewards and waiters know about me and my partner and have always given us the service and respect. On one Halloween Cruise I went on the the Carnival Legend I went in glamorous drag as a sorceress and was one of the 4 best costumes voted on by guess who??? THE PASSENGERS No negative comments or stares but people who liked my costume and said great job. We voted for you. And the staff liked my costume so much thats how I was even selected to be in the contest in the 1st place.

So, any new cruisers to Carnival or anyone who is contemplating do a Carnival Cruise, do not worry, We love Carnival.

I would also like to sum up my above reply to some of the threads that I am not trying to minimize what has happened to other nor am I trying to say your views or opinions are wrong. This is just how I feel about the statements made in the previous threads and after all everyone has the right to how the feel and their beliefs. Enjoy your sailings no matter what line you chose or do not chose to do based on any of the above threads.

• 7 months later...

Cruising solo for the first time since my partner of 15 years passed from Cancer in October 2012. We had been on three Carnival cruises together and always had a good time. We always had a good time together.

Don't know what to expect.

Hope to make dome friends. I wish Carnival took more effort to publish entertainment info on each ship for each sailing. I would like to know if there is a FOD meeting/get-together.

I don't know.... I'm nervous.

There will be a FOD/LGBT meeting nightly.

I would encourage you to interact with your roll call as much as possible as well.

Edited by tncap

We travelled with Carnival last year on the liberty and are sailing again on Saturday on Glory. We had no issues, the FOD meetings are hit and miss but everyone is always very sociable xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hubby and I are sailing on our first Carnival cruise tomorrow. We have over 20 cruises under our belts, never with Carnival. I've heard good things about Carnival, as our very picky friends had a wonderful time cruising with them. I'll report back when I get home.

My only experience with Carnival was business related so I have no idea what to expect. All the other ships I have been on have certainly not felt homophobic and I have had a great time. Only 1 held an FOD party' date=' but for the most part I have always felt part of the cruise. I would be interested to hear what people's experiences on Carnival have been.

Joey821

[email']PSM821@aol.com[/email]

MS Scandanavia 1983

Carnival Victory 2000

Nordic Empress 2000

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Explorer of the Seas 2002

Millennium 2003

Norwegian Star 2004

Carnival Miracle 2004

Response to an old post.. ALL lines love our money! I know of no line that is antigay. That being said Carnival is well known for attracting some real low end pax. This most true on the short(5 days or less)booze cruises. Also see where the ship departs. Sorry, all you Southern belles, but I'd avoid most southern departure points but Florida.

Hubby and I are just off the Carnival Miracle that went to Mexico. It was our first on Carnival, having sailed all the other major cruise lines.

While I was reluctant to book the Miracle, it was perfect as a last minute getaway and only a 45 minute drive to the port. Everything went smoothly and we rarely waited in a line for anything. The food was good, to my surprise and we ate every meal in the buffet.

We ran into other gay and lesbian couples on board and there were LGBT meetings almost daily.

Would I cruise again with Carnival? Based on this trip, yes. And when our friends raise their eyebrows when we tell them we cruised on a Carnival ship, I'll tell them not to knock it until they've tried it.

Wish I was still onboard!

Hubby and I are just off the Carnival Miracle that went to Mexico. It was our first on Carnival, having sailed all the other major cruise lines.

While I was reluctant to book the Miracle, it was perfect as a last minute getaway and only a 45 minute drive to the port. Everything went smoothly and we rarely waited in a line for anything. The food was good, to my surprise and we ate every meal in the buffet.

We ran into other gay and lesbian couples on board and there were LGBT meetings almost daily.

Would I cruise again with Carnival? Based on this trip, yes. And when our friends raise their eyebrows when we tell them we cruised on a Carnival ship, I'll tell them not to knock it until they've tried it.

Wish I was still onboard!

I really love to hear reviews like this. It just really annoys me when people 1, talk bad about something they've never experienced themselves and 2, swear by one cruise line as if they can and will never do any wrong. I think each ship, sailing, and cruise line has its good and it's not so good but vacation is also what you make it. Although the Miracle is not my favorite from what Carnival has to offer it was better than staying home! Glad to you hear from another open minded reviewer. Happy sailing! [emoji572]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk