Flying into Ft Lauderdale...

chicail16

I wouldn't do the shuttle for $15 per person. You can do a taxi for just $15 total for your group. And it doesn't make you wait for 10 or more people till it's full like a shuttle. And shuttles stop at every cruise line so if carnival is the last one on the list to stop at then it takes a while. I would definitely do a taxi. There's plenty of them at the airport and it will take you straight to the cruise port. It's only a ten minute ride.

Oops just saw that you are going to port of Miami from ft. Lauderdale. We rented a car last time we did that and it was just $35 total for the whole day. We stopped and got some wine and other essentials at the store and even had a nice meal at a cool restaurant before we headed to port for our cruise. Several car rental places has locations just a couple miles from port with free shuttles to the pier. Hope this helps. :)

Oops just saw that you are going to port of Miami from ft. Lauderdale. We rented a car last time we did that and it was just $35 total for the whole day. We stopped and got some wine and other essentials at the store and even had a nice meal at a cool restaurant before we headed to port for our cruise. Several car rental places has locations just a couple miles from port with free shuttles to the pier. Hope this helps. :)

Before boarding your ship, where do you drop off the car? Is there a car rental return at the POM? Thanks!

Before boarding your ship, where do you drop off the car? Is there a car rental return at the POM? Thanks!

There are NO car rental agencies at POM, so it depends upon who you rent from; National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM from their MIA airport location. Other agencies (Avis, etc.) are located closer to the port in downtown Miami but may not offer a shuttle -- cab fare will be about $12+

cruise day.

Is it necessary to make shuttle reservations to get to Port of Miami or will there be plenty of options in the airport to the port once I arrive?

What's the typical cost for 1 person?

Thanks

I just drove to Miami this morning and on a Sunday morning with little traffic, it took me 45 minutes.

Since you are flying in the day of your cruise, you need to figure out the fastest way to the Port of Miami.

I'd say a cab which will run you about $100 including tip unless you are arriving at 8AM. If you are arriving that early, you'll have time for a shuttle or rental.

Arriving the day of your cruise I would not bother with a rental car -- you need to be at POM for check-in 90 minutes prior to your ship's departure, which usually translates to about 2:30 or 3:00 (check your documents).

SAS (http://www.ridesas), QLS (quality limo service) and Go airport shuttle will get you there in about 40-45 minutes for about $15+tip. Go Airport has the concession inside of the FLL airport, so you "could" just walk up and catch a ride without a reservation, but making a reservation is the smart way to go.

As Blue Herons mentioned, if you are running late grab a cab -- paying the high fare is better than missing the ship! :eek: