Escape balcony recommendation

tsio360

We are planning to book the transatlantic cruise on the Escape and would like some recommendations on what balcony room and or what decks are best on the Breakaway class ships. We have sailed on the Jewel, POA, Pearl and just off of the Dawn. On the Jewel, POA & Pearl we were midship near the elevators and loved the short walk to anywhere. On the Dawn we were between the mid and aft elevators and I did not care for the walk to the elevator. I see the Escape has no forward elevator which seems odd for a large ship. I was considering a spa balcony but that puts us forward with a long walk to the elevator. Any decks better or worse to book a room near the midship elevators. I am open to all suggestions as we have never sailed on any of the larger ships. Thank you all in advance.

Be advised that the Breakaway class ships have very narrow balconies. Escape seems to be a bit wider build but unsure if that extra space goes to the balconies.

Look at the aft balconies for a great sized balcony and think about a spa pass that comes with a free walk. ;)

Spa mini suites with balconies M9 are available on deck 15 near the front (or midship as you prefer ;) ) elevators. Those are the same regular sized balconies as it seems, just a bit larger stateroom.

Escape will not be a Breakaway class ship, she starts a class of her own - Breakaway Plus - so until more information is available, I don't think that anybody can give a definitive answer to the question just based on existing ships of different class (even though the differences can be small, there is no guarantee on what things might change etc).

• 7 months later...

Escape does have 2 elevator banks - one forward and one aft. Nothing mid-ship like Epic, Breakaway and Getaway.

For the October TA, get a port side balcony cabin - any deck but make sure it's sandwiched between two decks full of cabins.

Also it's good to get a cabin that is as close to the elevator bank as possible.