NHL Playoffs

They will definitely show the Stanley Cup finals. The ESPN2 on the ship is not the same ESPN2 that we have at home. It is really "ESPN International" and they show all the major sporting events.

I can say with no hesitation, I don't know,but you must live in Bristol, CT and work for ESPN International. I hope for all hockey fans sake that they buy the rights to show it. It just doesn't seem likely to me that NBC would sell the rights to a rival network. You never know.

They haven't had any coverage up to this point and it doesn't seem likely to me but you are so certain I figure that you must have an inside source.

Edited by Priusprof

Nope. Last year we were in Alaska during the Stanley Cup finals. There was no hockey anywhere on the ship. We found out that the Hawks won the Stanley cup only because we were in port at the time (during dinner in fact) and my husband was able to get a text.

As for planning a cruise during the Stanley Cup, last year they were on the lockout. We thought there would not be a season when we booked in early Jan. The season actually took place and never in our wildest dreams did we think that the Stanley Cup finals would be happening at the end of June.

There is no NHL playoff coverage on board the ships. The sports come from ESPN (ABC) and all the Stanley Cup Playoffs are being covered by NBC. The best that you can do is catch a score on ESPN2.WE were on for 2 weeks and not a hockey game in any ship venue or in the cabins.

This has been our experience as well. However, if you are lucky enough to sail on Radiance, the 2 staff captains (last we know) are both Canadian and we had a special event for Canadians in the pub. The staff captain at that time provided the scores for the most recent games and posted them for the remainder of the cruise. They can get the scores at least so, if you can't watch the games, lobby for this and save your internet time!

So I DIDN'T dream that, huh? WOOT! I'm still pinching myself. So that settles the question of whether we will purchase the unlimited internet package. *grin* And I'm packing my Adam Graves sweater/jersey and 1994 Stanley Cup hat with Brian Leetch's autograph...and a t-shirt. Yes, I'm ridiculous.

No your not !! Going today to get the division caps and t shirt!! If they arent sold out we will be wearing our hats poolside! DH will be bouncing off the wall . So if you need to talk to a fellow blueshirt but find us!!!! Please I'll need a break! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh sorry Sunday allure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

lol I'll fly my private helicopter to come and root with fellow Rangers fans. It doesn't appear that anyone on my roll call so far is a hockey fan. Boo hisss. lol

I really should go get the Eastern Conference stuff today.

Moore is great and Martin St. Louis losing his mom right before Mother's Day has me liking him as well. I saw that the series starts on Wednesday. I'll at least get to watch a live game before we go. And if there is a game Friday night, we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale and we will just have to find a good sports bar that would show it or watch it in the hotel, hopefully. Most of it will happen while we're on board.

And thanks for the thought, Ocean View. I think I may go pick up something at Dick's today. :-) Already packed my jersey and the t-shirt. I won't bring my Brian Leetch signed 1994 Champs hat because I'd be afraid of losing it.

Got back from our Freedom cruise on Sunday and they had no NHL games on. Good thing i had my XM so at least I was able to listen. They didn't even show all the basketball games. I tried to get them to put one of the basketball games on the big screen but they said they had a movie they were putting on the screen. When I asked if there was a place to watch the game they told me I could watch it in my cabin.

Bwa ha ha!! Carcillo's suspension reduced to six games. Could be important.

To the poster who commented on the huge number of Leafs sweaters in the Ottawa rink during home games, here's the back story. Tix for Leafs home games in Toronto are hugely expensive. For less money Leafs fans can get a combination bus and game ticket in Ottawa. All they have to do is ride a bus for six hours each way, drinking beer to pass the time. When they arrive, they are drunk and in a mood to have a fight.

We are season ticket holders in Ottawa, and I now refuse to go to games when the Leafs are playing in Ottawa. I've seen Ottawa fans punched out near me and have beer thrown at them. I'm not going to pay over $100 to sit in my seat and worry whether some drunken fool is going to throw a punch or a beer at me. We now sell our tickets for Leafs at Ottawa games for twice the price we paid for them. Guess who buys them? That's why the stands are full of blue sweaters during Leafs games.

The Sens organization thought this was a great cash bonanza when it first started - hey, they were selling the arena out at a premium price!!! Now they try to tell Sens fans we owe a debt of loyalty and we shouldn't sell our tix to Leafs fans - but they still do. They made this mess, and they should be embarrassed by it. The ushers cower and retreat. It's all rude bad boys behaving badly - soccer louts in blue sweaters.

They don't care who wins or loses. It's party on, and boys behaving badly.

The Habs fans at least watch the game and appreciate the play. But it's only a 1.5 hour drive from Montreal to the arena, and now they are marching in in roving bands singing the Olay song from the warmup onward. When they start throwing beer and punches, I'll be selling off my Habs tix at a profit too. Because I go to enjoy the game, not to sit in a war zone.