NHL Playoffs

A couple of years ago, I had a tough time finding playoff games while on a business trip in Chicago, nevermind a cruise ship! I doubt very much you will get games broadcast on board. You will probably only get highlights on ESPN.

I've cruised several times in April and I haven't seen NHL playoff hockey.

In addition to the international stuff, I've seen the Masters golf, NCAA Championship Basketball game, and because of their broadcasting ESPN, plenty of NBA Playoffs, but no NHL sadly.

Who cruises during the NHL playoffs??? :confused::D

Well it is almost required I be out the state at some point if Boston is to win. I was out of state for every WS, SC, SB & even the Celtics win at some point during their playoffs:eek: So it is where we going, when the run begins :D

So many people misspelling "Red Wings" on here :p

Fear The Octopus!

So I am to fear a squishy fish with like no bones, NYAH.

1efacf51d2f7d387875be3ba1f1ce4a2.jpg

Well it is almost required I be out the state at some point if Boston is to win. I was out of state for every WS, SC, SB & even the Celtics win at some point during their playoffs:eek: So it is where we going, when the run begins :D

So I am to fear a squishy fish with like no bones, NYAH.

1efacf51d2f7d387875be3ba1f1ce4a2.jpg

I recently visited Boston two weeks ago on business -- Best 24hrs...I'm hooked. It was a wicked good time-love your city; Already planning on spending some leisure time there with the fam!

That being said, I was born in Detroit, sooooooo --- GO WINGS!!!!!!!

side bar -- I hope Chicago flames out in the first round! :p

Thoughts on last night's games? The Tampa-Canadians overtime almost gave me a heart attack.

(I love how this thread totally derailed into a general hockey discussion :D)

I agree, but Tampa / Montreal may turn out to be the best of the first round series. Now time for a Pens fan to weigh in. Can't believe CBJ led for so long in the first game, but maybe Marc Andre has the butterflies again.

Probably not a chance to see any first round matchups onboard. At least we will be home when the Pens play for the Stanley Cup.

On the Allure a couple weeks ago they showed some of the college basketball playoff games (final 4) in the Studio B (ice rink) on the big screens. Not sure which channels these were on.

This depends if the ship has access to the channel. If they do, they will show it somewhere and maybe even set up a larger venue for many to view it.

It would be fun to watch the hockey playoffs in the ice rink on the Oasis / Allure.

Thoughts on last night's games? The Tampa-Canadians overtime almost gave me a heart attack.

(I love how this thread totally derailed into a general hockey discussion :D)

I picked all Tampa in my pool, disappointed with the end result but I got a bunch of points. Hopefully Stamkos keeps scoring.

The best part of this playoffs is not having to watch Ovechkin over celebrate when he scores.

Ain't that the truth!! We did a hockey camp in Washington, had to sit through 2 Caps games:rolleyes:. As much as my SO hates him he loves his playing style:eek:

Now if we could get the Bluejackets to send Crosby golfing:D

We were also hoping for a Tampa win, just don't want to have to go through both Wings & Habs to pick up our cup LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Off subject a little bit since the Flyers are out!!! On Saturday the 17th we board the Vision my kids want to watch some big soccer game. Think we will be able to see that???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are we ready for tonight? How was last night for you?

:D:D:D

Last night was not good. Too bad Crosby didn't show up for the playoffs. Oh well, maybe next year with a new coach.

:(:(:(

It IS funny how this thread has morphed! I'm a looooonnnngggg suffering Ranger fan and last night's defeat of Sidney (I'm always the victim) Crosby was sweet. It will be Habs or B's..... tonight will tell. We'll be waitin' for ya.

It IS funny how this thread has morphed! I'm a looooonnnngggg suffering Ranger fan and last night's defeat of Sidney (I'm always the victim) Crosby was sweet. It will be Habs or B's..... tonight will tell. We'll be waitin' for ya.

So the Habs won. Are you ready? Can't wait to watCH the games! :D

Edited by Rufferto

Are the channel choices broader while the ship is still in port?

Game 1 of the eastern conference final is Saturday at 1, which is right when embarkation for EOS takes place at Port Liberty. Any chance the game will be available on the ship since it will still be in port? Or do I find a nearby spots bar and hope for no OT?:D

Worst case scenario I can catch it on the radio. Can't miss the 4 PM departure, though.

Edited by Booth44

Are the channel choices broader while the ship is still in port?

Game 1 of the eastern conference final is Saturday at 1, which is right when embarkation for EOS takes place at Port Liberty. Any chance the game will be available on the ship since it will still be in port? Or do I find a nearby spots bar and hope for no OT?:D

Worst case scenario I can catch it on the radio. Can't miss the 4 PM departure, though.

The game will be broadcast on NBC, so if the ship can get that CHannel...

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!! If by some miracle, the Rangers advance to the finals past the Habs, we will be on Oasis for at least some of the games in the Cup Finals. *sigh*

Why the suggestion not to try to stream games with the internet package? I was considering that as an option, but it's not really the same as sitting at a bar watching on the ship in the evening.