drinks and appys before no dinner - no cost?

It depends on which ship you are sailing on and what you would consider an appetizer. On the Voyager and larger ships, there is always food at Cafe Promenade, or on the ships that have them Park Cafe and Sorrentos. Also, on some of the ships, the Champagne Bar has small snacks in the pre-dinner time.

If you are in a suite or are, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle there is also the Concierge lounge and if you are Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle and the ship has a DL you can go there for free pre-dinner cocktails and/or appetizers.

Windjammer as well; you could make quite nice appetizers up there and enjoy indoor or outdoors with a cocktail.

Windjammer, at least on my RCI cruises, did not open until 6pm for dinner, so this would not work with early fixed-time dining.

Thanks everyone - great ideas - we are on the Oasis. No suite, no diamond or concierge lounge for us - first cruise, first girls only trip for DD16 and I.

Park Cafe is famous for their roast beef sandwiches. Or Sorrentos for a slice of pizza.

And there are lots of "virgin" drinks you can get from the bars for your DD16.

Then again, the appetizers (starters) in the MDR are so good, you might not want to fill up on other stuff first.

"I'd like two shrimp cocktails, please."

Edited by Jimnbigd

Windjammer, at least on my RCI cruises, did not open until 6pm for dinner, so this would not work with early fixed-time dining.

Park Cafe is famous for their roast beef sandwiches. Or Sorrentos for a slice of pizza.

And there are lots of "virgin" drinks you can get from the bars for your DD16.

Then again, the appetizers (starters) in the MDR are so good, you might not want to fill up on other stuff first.

"I'd like two shrimp cocktails, please."

I know! The appetizers everywhere look great. Too bad you can't "choose" where to have each course served! Apps in a lounge, main course in MDR, dessert on deck...

I know! The appetizers everywhere look great. Too bad you can't "choose" where to have each course served! Apps in a lounge, main course in MDR, dessert on deck...

If you ask, the waiters would be willing to give you something to take your dessert in, if you would prefer it on deck. Additionally, you could also grab a second dessert from the windjammer and have it anywhere.