Bottle of Crown Purchases from online store and on ship

Matlily

If I purchase a bottle of liter Crown package and 6 coke zero before the cruise to be available in cabin, can I purchase a second bottle while onboard or do they have to be purchased in advance? they are $80 a pop but prefer to have it already in our cabin to drink.

If I purchase a bottle of liter Crown package and 6 coke zero before the cruise to be available in cabin, can I purchase a second bottle while onboard or do they have to be purchased in advance? they are $80 a pop but prefer to have it already in our cabin to drink.

You will get differing answers to this. We have bought a bottle from room service onboard many times during our CCL cruises. We never tried to do so and been denied, but we have not tried on every cruise. Of course that is anecdotal evidence, since many others have reported that they were unable to buy from room service.

I guess YMMV. If you make the attempt, please let us know the result.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kevin C

You will get differing answers to this. We have bought a bottle from room service onboard many times during our CCL cruises. We never tried to do so and been denied, but we have not tried on every cruise. Of course that is anecdotal evidence, since many others have reported that they were unable to buy from room service.

I guess YMMV. If you make the attempt, please let us know the result.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kevin C

Thanks, I think we will probably just purchase two bottles online have one delivered the first night and one delivered midweek and not worry about it :-) along with one soda card :-)

I'm not sure they will allow you that much.

If you are wanting it for consumption onboard, go ahead and try.

But if you want to take some home you can get 3 bottles at the onboard shop for, I think, around $59. We do that and take them home. That way we end up getting one free compared to cost we pay back home.

But if you want to take some home you can get 3 bottles at the onboard shop for, I think, around $59. We do that and take them home. That way we end up getting one free compared to cost we pay back home.

Well they sell them for onboard use, so we will try to order two if not one and then purchase as we go.

Yes last year in Duty free I purchased 4 litre bottles of Crown for $71 a bargain!!! these we used at home and parties :-) we both drink Crown hence looking for two bottles for our 7 day cruise. ;)

Well they sell them for onboard use, so we will try to order two if not one and then purchase as we go.

Yes last year in Duty free I purchased 4 litre bottles of Crown for $71 a bargain!!! these we used at home and parties :-) we both drink Crown hence looking for two bottles for our 7 day cruise. ;)

Please report back if you were able to do it. We like Crowne too, especially with cranberry juice, yum.

Thanks, I think we will probably just purchase two bottles online have one delivered the first night and one delivered midweek and not worry about it :-) along with one soda card :-)

Several cabins in my group was able to order bottles from room service with no questions asked. The advantage of ordering directly from room service is that you do not incur the tax you'd pay to have the bottles delivered prior to sailing.

in Texas we can't have them delivered on sail day so they will be delivered on second day at sea, but some have said you sometimes cannot order at sea, I think we will order one and see how it goes, and see if we need another later on we will try to order thru room service.

For my January cruise on Paradise I ordered from BV online and it charged tax on the online order.

I ended up calling in to change my order and there was no sales tax, so I actually saved money.

I don't know why there was the difference, but try calling in a BV order and see.

Personally I wouldn't wait until I was aboard to place a bottle order; I'd rather pay a little sales tax and not risk it.

Orders delivered before leaving port will have applicable sales tax. Same as drinks ordered while in port.

True, I recently ordered a bottle for my cruise out of NO and I was given to option of when i wanted it delivered. Waiting for me in the cabin had taxes included in the price and first night or second day had no taxes in the cost.

True, I recently ordered a bottle for my cruise out of NO and I was given to option of when i wanted it delivered. Waiting for me in the cabin had taxes included in the price and first night or second day had no taxes in the cost.

in Texas we can't have them delivered on sail day due to booze laws here

If you know you want some, why wait and chance ordering when you are already on the ship? Some folks have not had luck with that.

I bought 4 liters of Crown for $65 a year ago on the Fascination out of the ship's liquor store. They were delivered the last night of the cruise

We just got off the Dream and we pre ordered 2 different liquors for our room. Very expensive but at $8 a drink it came out cheaper. Both bottle lasted 9 days. 2 or 3 drinks a day. They do tell you not to consume it Outside your room.

If you know you want some, why wait and chance ordering when you are already on the ship? Some folks have not had luck with that.

I bought 4 liters of Crown for $65 a year ago on the Fascination out of the ship's liquor store. They were delivered the last night of the cruise

Two different programs, Bon voyage is where you purchase liqueur for consuming in your room during the cruise. Purchasing liqueur in the stores is for after the cruise (much cheaper and also why it is delivered on the last night).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I pre bought 2 bottles of Vodka and one of Gin for my 2012 cruise so not sure why 2 bottles of any booze would not be allowed with Bon Voyage:confused:

I had no idea you could do this? We bought several bottles in the gift shop and they deliver it to our room the night before we get off the ship?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go to My Booking-Beverage packages and you can buy lots of booze from "Bon Voyage" that is delivered to your cabin usually before you arrive:)

Expensive though;)

We just got off the Dream and we pre ordered 2 different liquors for our room. Very expensive but at $8 a drink it came out cheaper. Both bottle lasted 9 days. 2 or 3 drinks a day. They do tell you not to consume it Outside your room.

This is our idea too! thanks glad someone else had the same thoughts, we hate to smuggle but sometimes we do sometimes we prefer to do this.

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone, were back from our fun filled week in the Carribean!

It worked we had a litre bottle of Crown on the Monday and six cokes and another on Wednesday and another six cokes total cost $180, we took our personal soda, two bottles of wine and used our Tervis cups for everything! we also purchased a couple of drinks on board some frozen ones and some beers, we had a great cruise! we even smuggled some crown on in a plastic bottle and we drank that the first night as in Texas you don't get your booze until the second day around noon. We also purchased 4 bottles onboard to take home all 4 were $68!

We would do this again or do the cheers program so we don't have to carry everything with us. :)

In previous strings some posters have said the reason you may not be able get your liquor order from room service is that they could be low or out of stock for that particle bottle. If they are low they will save it for the bar. To them that was the drawback to waiting until you got on board. It appears they may be keeping a better stock now. I do know the prices went up significantly about four years ago.