Scenic "OPAL" Jewels Of Europe September 2,2015 Who's Coming???

G'day Gary, I would recommend Princess or Celebrity, have done Aust/NZ with both. Not been on Azamara, but heard they are very good, upmarket.

2 years ago we did a 14 day Sydney-Auckland cruise in February on Celebrity Solstice. good time of year, as is March. School holidays are over by February, the seas in the Southern Ocean/Bass Straight are often kind that time of the year, but no guarantees, rough weather anytime down there.

Above all, enjoy.

Edited by NSWP

G'day Gary, I would recommend Princess or Celebrity, have done Aust/NZ with both. Not been on Azamara, but heard they are very good, upmarket.

2 years ago we did a 14 day Sydney-Auckland cruise in February on Celebrity Solstice. good time of year, as is March. School holidays are over by February, the seas in the Southern Ocean/Bass Straight are often kind that time of the year, but no guarantees, rough weather anytime down there.

Above all, enjoy.

The Solstice is my favourite ship.:D

The Solstice is my favourite ship.:D

Even with the Corning Glass blowing thingo. Only one thing I did not like about Celebrity Solstice, no decent 'walk around' promenade deck, just a bit of promenading mid ships. No good for the early morning marchers pounding the prom deck on Sea Princess on the current WC.

The cabins were excellent.

Edited by NSWP

Even with the Corning Glass blowing thingo. Only one thing I did not like about Celebrity Solstice, no decent 'walk around' promenade deck, just a bit of promenading mid ships. No good for the early morning marchers pounding the prom deck on Sea Princess on the current WC.

The cabins were excellent.

But they have the walking track up top.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day To One and All,

This is LoneStarCruisinCouple Coming at you live this morning from Sugar Land,Texas.

Just wanted to say that I am still hoping that some of you that have been lurking all this time may finally come and say howdy and join in as we get ready to set sail.

Scenic

Opal

September 2,2015

Jewels of Europe

Loungin" Laughin"

and

Some Mighty

Fine

Tasting Libations

Fun

ForAll

and

All For Fun

Only

More Days To Go!!

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy to All From The Land From Down Under,

This is going out to any of you that may be possibly cruising with us on the Scenic Opal.

Jewels Of Europe

September 2,2015

Amsterdam to Budapest

Just wanted to say hi and hoping that those of you may come onto the board and say hi and get to maybe know one another a little before we set sail.

We are Lisa and Gary, we are from Sugar Land, Texas and looking forward to meeting those of you from Australia. Myself I used to live in Melbourne and my Mother was Australian.

I am 64 and Lisa is 60. I am retired from Continental Airlines and Lisa is a Neo Nurse Practitioner at Texas Children's Hospital.

Can't Wait as we are spending three days in Amsterdam and staying at The Toren Hotel and three days after in Budapest and staying at The Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel.

Wishing All Smooth Sailings

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

I am positive that you will get your quota of Aussies aboard. :D

I just had friends return from one of the Scenic long boats, Budapest to Amsterdam. All was great on board. They said mostly Aussies on board with a smattering of North Americans - US/Canadians, plus a few Brits. So Lisa & Gary - @ 'LoneStarCrusinCouple' will have plenty to talk to. The Vegemite and VB will be flowing, for sure and true.

As Uncle Les always says..'Above all, enjoy !!!

Edited by NSWP

I just had friends return from one of the Scenic long boats, Budapest to Amsterdam. All was great on board. They said mostly Aussies on board with a smattering of North Americans - US/Canadians, plus a few Brits. So Lisa & Gary - @ 'LoneStarCrusinCouple' will have plenty to talk to. The Vegemite and VB will be flowing, for sure and true.

As Uncle Les always says..'Above all, enjoy !!!

I am almost sure that the majority of the passengers will be Aussies.

Edited by MicCanberra

Howdy to All From The Land From Down Under,

This is going out to any of you that may be possibly cruising with us on the Scenic Opal.

Jewels Of Europe

September 2,2015

Amsterdam to Budapest

Just wanted to say hi and hoping that those of you may come onto the board and say hi and get to maybe know one another a little before we set sail.

We are Lisa and Gary, we are from Sugar Land, Texas and looking forward to meeting those of you from Australia. Myself I used to live in Melbourne and my Mother was Australian.

I am 64 and Lisa is 60. I am retired from Continental Airlines and Lisa is a Neo Nurse Practitioner at Texas Children's Hospital.

Can't Wait as we are spending three days in Amsterdam and staying at The Toren Hotel and three days after in Budapest and staying at The Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel.

Wishing All Smooth Sailings

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

A bit of discussion on the roll call for Gary & Lisa's cruise on Scenic Opal re very low water levels around Passau, currently they are using buses for a few days, some people lost the 4 days of river cruise. Hopefully some rain will appear for Gary and Lisa.

Always an issue for the European River Cruises, low/high water. Low they cannot clear the river bed, high they cannot fit under ye olde bridges.

Edited by NSWP