Scenic "OPAL" Jewels Of Europe September 2,2015 Who's Coming???

Cheers, Lone Star, the excitement builds. Not long to go, I hope you have some beer swilling, wine sucking Aussie party people on the Scenic Opal with you. If so prepare for long nights !!

Above all, ENJOY !!

Howdy NSWP,

So very nice of you to stop in and take the time to say Hi and to say Enjoy.

Yes in having lived in Australia and also having Family there I know how the Aussie's love to have a Great and Wonderful time and to Party. That's just what I'm hoping for.

I would have thought by now that some would have posted on the board as to their setting sail with Lisa and I as it would be nice in getting to know one another before the cruise but also maybe in making plans as to do some activities together.

I know that being an Australian Company that most of the cruises are filled mainly with Aussie's with some Canadians and a few Americans and was one of the reasons that I placed a posting on there Cruise Critic Web Site, but not a Peep. Lots and Lots of LURKERS but sorry to say no one has come forward as of yet.

Anyways thanks for the kind words and Wishing You Smooth Sailings and a Bon Voyage.

Gary

AKA

Lone Star:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well Good Day Mates and hoping that all of you that shall be cruisin with us on The New Scenic Opal September 2,2015 jewels of Europe are just as excited as Lisa and I are.

Have been busy with getting our Airfare arranged and now that that is taken care of have been busy with making reservations at various different restaurants that we want to go and try out.

We shall be arriving in Amsterdam on August 30 and staying at The Toren Hotel. While in Amsterdam one of the restaurants is a Dinner cruise. Yes it is called Jewels Dinner Cruises and as you eat and drink cruises the canals of Amsterdam during the evening hours and figured that would be not only nice but also interesting as to possibly get some great photos.

In Budapest we have already made reservations at Spoons. Is about a 5 minute walk from The Four Seasons hotel..

Anyways still hoping that some of you that are possibly joining us shall come onto the board and at least say hello and possibly join us in sharing this FUNTASTIC Cruisin Adventure.

All For Fun and Fun For All Loungin" laughin" and Those Tasty Libations..

Have a Great Day

LoneStarCruisinCouple:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well Good Day Mates and hoping that all of you that shall be cruisin with us on The New Scenic Opal September 2,2015 jewels of Europe are just as excited as Lisa and I are.

Have been busy with getting our Airfare arranged and now that that is taken care of have been busy with making reservations at various different restaurants that we want to go and try out.

We shall be arriving in Amsterdam on August 30 and staying at The Toren Hotel. While in Amsterdam one of the restaurants is a Dinner cruise. Yes it is called Jewels Dinner Cruises and as you eat and drink cruises the canals of Amsterdam during the evening hours and figured that would be not only nice but also interesting as to possibly get some great photos.

In Budapest we have already made reservations at Spoons. Is about a 5 minute walk from The Four Seasons hotel..

Anyways still hoping that some of you that are possibly joining us shall come onto the board and at least say hello and possibly join us in sharing this FUNTASTIC Cruisin Adventure.

All For Fun and Fun For All Loungin" laughin" and Those Tasty Libations..

Have a Great Day

LoneStarCruisinCouple:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, 'missed you by that much', we will be in Amsterdam pre cruise as well but will be leaving on the 26th Aug after spending the week there. We cruise on the 29th from Southampton, I suppose meeting up just wasn't to be. Enjoy your cruise.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, 'missed you by that much', we will be in Amsterdam pre cruise as well but will be leaving on the 26th Aug after spending the week there. We cruise on the 29th from Southampton, I suppose meeting up just wasn't to be. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Howdy to One and All and Mic hard to believe as so close just by days in Amsterdam. If I may ask, where is it at what Hotel are you staying at? We are booked into the Toren with a room overlooking the canal and also has a Double Jacuzzi in the room. Hum I just wonder if that is going to get me any of those at my age I think they are called Brownie Points.

Already have arranged a canal dinner cruise with Jewel's Dinner Cruises,a Indonesian Rice Table Extravaganza at Tempo Doeloe and also have a PhotoTour Guide hired for Two Days. Yes I have been busy with trying to get all arranged early as with The International Broadcasting Convention getting ready to start with something like 75,000 folks expected to arrive into Amsterdam things just fill up fast and also hotels are hard to find as well as prices Sky Rocket.

Anyways just wanted to say hi to all of you that are still out there and lurking.

Trying to get some more photos of our ship The Scenic Opal as so I can post.

Looking forward with much anticipation as to lifting a glass with all of you that may be sailing with us and sharing in a toast to The Funtastic times that lay ahead for all.

All For Fun and Fun For All

Loungin' Laughin" n Libations"

Only 312 More Days To Go..

Yippee.

Howdy to One and All and Mic hard to believe as so close just by days in Amsterdam. If I may ask, where is it at what Hotel are you staying at? We are booked into the Toren with a room overlooking the canal and also has a Double Jacuzzi in the room. Hum I just wonder if that is going to get me any of those at my age I think they are called Brownie Points.

Already have arranged a canal dinner cruise with Jewel's Dinner Cruises,a Indonesian Rice Table Extravaganza at Tempo Doeloe and also have a PhotoTour Guide hired for Two Days. Yes I have been busy with trying to get all arranged early as with The International Broadcasting Convention getting ready to start with something like 75,000 folks expected to arrive into Amsterdam things just fill up fast and also hotels are hard to find as well as prices Sky Rocket.

Anyways just wanted to say hi to all of you that are still out there and lurking.

Trying to get some more photos of our ship The Scenic Opal as so I can post.

Looking forward with much anticipation as to lifting a glass with all of you that may be sailing with us and sharing in a toast to The Funtastic times that lay ahead for all.

All For Fun and Fun For All

Loungin' Laughin" n Libations"

Only 312 More Days To Go..

Yippee.

Crikey the double Jacuzzi sounds fun. Above all, enjoy !!

BTW have you kicked off a roll call/meet & greet for this adventure? We will probably fly over you at 30,000 feet enroute Sydney to London Heathrow about that time, so Lone Star, please ensure you have your 'Speedos' on whilst in the said Jacuzzi, LOL.

Edited by NSWP

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Everyone,

This is LoneStarCruisinCouple and just wanted to say Hi and also for those of you that maybe coming and joining us on The New Scenic Opal sailing September 2,2015

Only

arg-2-50-trans.gifarg-9-50-trans.gifarg-8-50-trans.gif

More Days To Go!!

Ahh Just the thought

of

Loungin" Laughin"

and

Enjoying All those

Tasty Libations

Can't Wait..

Still hoping that maybe some of you that are out there and still lurking that are on the same cruise may come onto the board and say hi as maybe we all can get together and go out and enjoy an Indonesian Rice Table while in Amsterdam.

Hoping all have a Wonderful Day

Lone Star

AKA Gary

• 1 month later...

Good Morning One and All,

Just wanted to wish all our Cruise Critic Cruising Members from Down Under a Very Merry Christmas and a Good Boxing Day.

Yes it is getting closer and closer and we now have something like

More Days To Go

but then again who is counting. Have been trying to get some more photos of our ship that is still being built but for whatever reason haven't been able to secure.

Anyways

Lisa and I

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Wish

All

A

Very Merry

Christmas

1008TxChristmas.gif

Wishing All

A Very Merry Christmas

• 2 weeks later...

Well Good Day To All our Aussie and kiwi Cruise Critic Members and a Very Merry Christmas To All,

I can see by the Countdown clock that we are getting closer and closer.

Only

arg-2-50-trans.gif

arg-5-50-trans.gifarg-2-50-trans.gif

More Days To Go

Just Sooo excited and Can not wait as to get this Party Started.

Ah just think, 15 days of Loungin" Laughin" and oh yes let's not forget those Tasty Libations.

All For Fun

and

Fun For All

as

We set Sail for

This To Be Awesome

Cruisin Adventure

On The Scenic

Opal

September 2,2015

Merry Christmas

To One

and

All

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

Edited by LoneStarCruisinCouple

Happy Holidays to you as well.:D

And from moi !!

Crikey, is this River boat, Scenic Opal launched yet? They seem to have been building it for yonks. LOL.

Edited by NSWP

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening To One and All,

Just wanted to say Hello and Wishing all The Very Best for The New Year.

Yes our European River Cruise on The Scenic Opal is getting closer and closer and just looking forward to with Great Anticipation and Excitement.

Can't wait as to get on board and get The Party Started. Going to be such a FUNTASTIC cruise with having a ship filled with Aussie's.

Still hoping that we shall possibly see some of you that are joining us on this cruise to join in on The Boards and say hi and give us a shout. Would be Great if maybe some of us could meet before the cruise and go and enjoy a meal...

Have a Great Weekend

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruiosinCouple

Good Evening To One and All,

Just wanted to say Hello and Wishing all The Very Best for The New Year.

Yes our European River Cruise on The Scenic Opal is getting closer and closer and just looking forward to with Great Anticipation and Excitement.

Can't wait as to get on board and get The Party Started. Going to be such a FUNTASTIC cruise with having a ship filled with Aussie's.

Still hoping that we shall possibly see some of you that are joining us on this cruise to join in on The Boards and say hi and give us a shout. Would be Great if maybe some of us could meet before the cruise and go and enjoy a meal...

Have a Great Weekend

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruiosinCouple

This sailing is getting closer for you, I bet you are getting excited. I wish you a very cruisey new year as well.

cheers mic:D

Good Evening Mic,

Looks to be that I have an admirer there as it seems that my posting are somewhat maybe annoying to some. NSWP (Les)?

All I can say Les is if I have I am sorry as all I am trying to do is get some of those Folks that really know how to enjoy Life that being the Aussie's and certainly hoping that we shall have a bunch on board the ship. Hoping that some shall come and join in on the board as it is always nice in conversing with those that you are cruising with.

Can't wait as The Excitement is building. Yes now only 233 More Days to Go.

Ah just the tought of Loungin" Laughin" and enjoying those tasty Libations.

Fun For All and All For Fun..

LoneStarCruisinCouple:):)

• 2 months later...

Good Morning To All Our Australian Scenic Cruisers,

This is LoneStarCruisinCouple, and just wanted to let those of you know that may possibly be cruising on either of the two new ships this year,Scenic Jasper and or The Opal. River Cruise Advisor at www.rivercruiseadvisor.com is going to be posting a daily Blog from their cruise on The New Scenic Jasper starting April 15 sailing from Budapest to Vienna. They are normally very informative and post a lot of photos.

Lisa and I are sailing on The Opal September 2,2015 and hoping that some of you that maybe on the same cruise as us may stop in and say Hi.

Can't wait for all the Fun to begin.

Loungin" Laughin'

and

Lots Of Very Tasty

Libations

Cheers

Lisa and Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning To One and All,

This is LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary and just wanted to say hello to all our Fellow Scenic River Cruisers from The Land From Down Under.

Won't be long now and we shall be Loungin" Laughin' and Enjoying those Tasty Libations.

Only

135 More Days To Go

So I say to all of you that are cruising with us is Pack your Bags and get ready for a Fun Filled Fun Packed Cruising Adventure

• 2 weeks later...

Well Good Morning To All our Australian Cruise Critic members.

Just wanted to say hello to those of you that may possibly be cruising with us on The Scenic Opal Jewels of Europe September 2,2015.

Lisa and I are just so excited and just can't wait for all The Fun and Excitement to beginarrow-10x10.png.

Down now to

Only

More Days

To Go.

Hoping that we may have some of you that are cruising with us as to possibly stop in and say hi as it is always nice in finding others that are sailing on the same cruise.

Cheers To All

Smooth Sailings

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Howdy Once Again To All Our Fellow Australian Scenic Cruisers.

Well it won't be Long now and The Opal shall be ready to set forth on her Maiden Voyage.

11146593_914722998549814_8198716946968179797_n.jpg?oh=f7995285d1f3af3fb72aea1403dfd91c&oe=55CD0B8E

11116511_914722948549819_1166117124224613950_n.jpg?oh=82746028d95971d0596d4c9f96c0db68&oe=55D29808

11118357_914722951883152_5925096937316130267_n.jpg?oh=cc50dea2e9b2ee72c0e51af50693d9d6&oe=559CFFB4&__gda__=1439921391_bbf3ace04b7b722921e5fe25cd062fff

10425894_914722988549815_7077711567505992836_n.jpg?oh=26a3c093dc3fd5967eeaffaf3963a333&oe=55C69CE9&__gda__=1440539232_25634c2586d7e1c43289ca008d676435

As you can see she is nearing completion. What a ship as it has been fun in watching from The Cutting of The Keel to where she is now.

Can't Wait! Hoping that some of you that are out there still Lurking shall stop in and say Howdy.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Afternoon To All Our Fellow Aussie Cruise Critic Members that may be sailing on board Scenic.

We are Lisa and Gary 60 and 64 from Sugar Land,Texas and are sailing on board The New Scenic Opal September 2,2015 from Amsterdam To Budapest.

Hoping that we could possibly meet up with some of you folks that may be sailing on The Same Ship and Cruise as so maybe to share in a Toast to our up and coming Adventure.

We are spending Three Days Pre Cruise in Amsterdam and staying at The Toren Hotel and Three Days Post Cruise at The Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel.

Myself my Mother is Australian and I used to live in Greensboro and was a Buyer for Myer Melbourne Limited.

Mother was a Professional Entertainer in Melbourne and was a War Bride. My folks Wedding Photos hang in The National Archives In Canberra..

Her Maiden name was Belcher.

Hoping that some of you that are still out there and lurking shall come and join in on the postings and say Howdy..

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

No worries, Uncle Les is being sarcastic as the build up to this cruise (pun intended) has been going for a long time and still has some time to go.:D

Indeed, not being sarcastic, just being a clown, I should be on the stage, first one out of town.

Gary and Lisa, good to see your ship is nearly built, well it could be launched by now and you are getting excited, as we are for our next adventure.

Above all, enjoy. !!

Edited by NSWP

Indeed, not being sarcastic, just being a clown, I should be on the stage, first one out of town.

Gary and Lisa, good to see your ship is nearly built, well it could be launched by now and you are getting excited, as we are for our next adventure.

Above all, enjoy. !!

Uncle Les, You are so Funny indeed.

Yes maybe I am a little over excited but what an Awesome Ship "THE Opal".

Just that I had come onto The Australian version of Cruise Critic with the hopes of maybe finding a few Aussies that were sailing with us as I know first hand experience how you folks Love and Enjoy having a Great and Wonderful time.

Just seems so odd at least to me that I have had what 13,000 plus hits on this thread and not a single one on our cruise. Aussie's that is. Strange.. I would figure with the amount of holiday time that you folks get and being an Australian Company and being a new ship and all we would have lots of Aussie's joining us. Would have been nice to share in a Froth or Two.

Smooth Sailings

Cheers

LoneStarCruisinCouple

PS Howdy Mic

Uncle Les, You are so Funny indeed.

Yes maybe I am a little over excited but what an Awesome Ship "THE Opal".

Just that I had come onto The Australian version of Cruise Critic with the hopes of maybe finding a few Aussies that were sailing with us as I know first hand experience how you folks Love and Enjoy having a Great and Wonderful time.

Just seems so odd at least to me that I have had what 13,000 plus hits on this thread and not a single one on our cruise. Aussie's that is. Strange.. I would figure with the amount of holiday time that you folks get and being an Australian Company and being a new ship and all we would have lots of Aussie's joining us. Would have been nice to share in a Froth or Two.

Smooth Sailings

Cheers

LoneStarCruisinCouple

PS Howdy Mic

Cheers.

Just remember that Cruise critic members represent maybe 5-10% of the passengers on any given cruise around the world and that percentage is much smaller in Australia as CC hasn't really taken off here as yet. I am sure that there will be many Aussies on board the Opal.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers.

Just remember that Cruise critic members represent maybe 5-10% of the passengers on any given cruise around the world and that percentage is much smaller in Australia as CC hasn't really taken off here as yet. I am sure that there will be many Aussies on board the Opal.:D

Good Evening Mic and Les, I have a question for both of you as we are possibly planning a trip to Australia in 2017.

Which cruise line would you both recommend as for cruising Australia as well as New Zealand and what time of year as right now looking at Azamara and maybe doing the 15 day in February??

Any help would be appreciated..

Gary

Good Evening Mic and Les, I have a question for both of you as we are possibly planning a trip to Australia in 2017.

Which cruise line would you both recommend as for cruising Australia as well as New Zealand and what time of year as right now looking at Azamara and maybe doing the 15 day in February??

Any help would be appreciated..

Gary

Hi Gary,

February is a great time to be visiting NZ as the temperatures will be nice (warm) for there and not too hot here in Australia although predicting weather is like picking winning lottery numbers. It is also during the school terms so kids would not be an issue (if any kids go on Azamara). The ports that your cruise is going to are nice as well but most cruises that go to NZ from here are very similar and visit the same ports. Azamara is all inclusive cruise line and would be great but depending on if you have any loyalty status with some other cruise lines you may get a cheaper and just as good an experience with say X, RCI or Princess, however this is hard to say with out knowing your preferences and history. I prefer X (am Elite with X) but have never cruised Azamara so cannot really comment for comparisons. Hope this helps but ask away if you any more queries. :D

Edited by MicCanberra