Change in Hawaii Itinerary Miracle Sept. 18, 2014

cwb348

Just received an email from Carnival stating that our time in Hawaii will be cut by one day due to technical difficulties on the Miracle causing it to go slower than normal. Instead of two days in Maui, we will only have one. That means 5 day to Hawaii, 5 days on the islands, and 5 (instead of 4) days back to California. We are so bummed! Has this happened to anyone else? Should we be worried about the ship and other problems we might have?

Just received an email from Carnival stating that our time in Hawaii will be cut by one day due to technical difficulties on the Miracle causing it to go slower than normal. Instead of two days in Maui, we will only have one. That means 5 day to Hawaii, 5 days on the islands, and 5 (instead of 4) days back to California. We are so bummed! Has this happened to anyone else? Should we be worried about the ship and other problems we might have?

I'm on the same cruise... This is a total bummer... I might have to cancel... 11 days at sea is abit too much and 2 days Maui was the reason I booked it... So undecided... I love carnival and I'll keep cruising with them only... I really am happy to get 25% off another cruise and the $50 OBC pp but idk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the same cruise... This is a total bummer... I might have to cancel... 11 days at sea is abit too much and 2 days Maui was the reason I booked it... So undecided... I love carnival and I'll keep cruising with them only... I really am happy to get 25% off another cruise and the $50 OBC pp but idk...

Sorry to hear about your itinerary change.

It seems short sighted to say I'll cruise with them only .

Maybe there is another cruiseline that does the same itinerary or on that goes to Maui for 2 days.

It's your money though .

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Sorry to hear about your itinerary change.

It seems short sighted to say I'll cruise with them only .

Maybe there is another cruiseline that does the same itinerary or on that goes to Maui for 2 days.

It's your money though .

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I've cruised with royal and princess before... 2 on royal and 1 on princess and didn't seem to care for either Cruise line, since then I've been on 13 carnival, I've always had a good time... I'm sure that there's plus and minuses on every cruise but being platinum always seems to help!

I've cruised with royal and princess before... 2 on royal and 1 on princess and didn't seem to care for either Cruise line, since then I've been on 13 carnival, I've always had a good time... I'm sure that there's plus and minuses on every cruise but being platinum always seems to help!

If you tried the other cruise lines and didn't like them then I totally understand now. That's way too many days on a cruise line that you don't like.

Hopefully they will find a solution that is good for everybody.

Bill

I agree with you about Carnival and Platinum; we prefer that also. Just don't know about the shortened Maui - guess we won't be able to do the Lahaina Luau. It's over at 8:45, and we'd still have to return the rent car and get to the ship by 10 or 10:30. A little too close for comfort. With two days in Maui, we'd do it the first day without any worries.

Hubby and I just booked the Miracle's 12/6/2014 15 night Hawaii on Saturday and never even knew 2 days in Hawaii were on the original itinerary! Is this a propulsion problem? DOH! Hopefully our cruise will go off without a hitch... It is nearly 8 months from now. Hopefully there isn't further trouble. I would think that with the relatively recent Carnival history of ships losing power for days, that they would be pro active about making the necessary fixes.

Taters

What a drag. I would be bummed cause I know that in my future I want to do the NCL cruise that starts in Hawaii for 7 days and so I can't imagine missing a day on one of the most coveted islands.

I sure hope that dry dock scheduled for early March clears up the issue, cause I'm doing the Mexican Riviera cruise right after the completion of it. Supposedly some 2.0 upgrades are to be put on too, so hoping for a Guy's and maybe a Cucina del Capitano. :rolleyes: One can dream.

I am both the 5-13 and 9-18 sailings. I'm delighted with the Alaska change.

I do go to Hawaii at least every year. None of these transpacific cruises, is "ideal" for Hawaii. :) (I do prefer NCL)

Frankly, it would not surprise me, to have further changes. So, I'm not going to get thinking any fixed non cancelable plans at this point. Remember the Millie in Alaska last year?