Rita's Fiesta - share with strangers?

I replied to another thread with this question, but it was kind of buried so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I was considering booking Rita's Fiesta the first night of our cruise at the end of April. I read a few reviews that if your party is kind of small (we are 4 people), you may be seated

with another group. This doesn't bother me. Thing is, I read the food is still served family style and you are sharing with your table mates. Not super excited about this.

Anyone know if this is true? Can I guarantee a table for 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I replied to another thread with this question, but it was kind of buried so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I was considering booking Rita's Fiesta the first night of our cruise at the end of April. I read a few reviews that if your party is kind of small (we are 4 people), you may be seated

with another group. This doesn't bother me. Thing is, I read the food is still served family style and you are sharing with your table mates. Not super excited about this.

Anyone know if this is true? Can I guarantee a table for 4?

Yes you do share family style with others. However I think it depends on when you go as far as how crowded it is, and if they need you to share. I can't say you can guarantee a table for 4 but i know you can ask for one.

My mother , myself and sister went on allure in november of last year. We went to Rita's Fiesta the very frist night of the cruise. They asked if we wanted a booth and we said yes, and they led us to a booth for just the 3 of us. I prefer it that way since i'm from NY and all and don't like to be social :p

j/k... well somewhat lol

There were 3 in our party a couple of weeks ago and we had our own table. I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but it all seemed to be small groups at each table. There were several tables with only 2 people.

You could go 15 minutes early to be sure you got your own table if it was something that concerned you. And yes, it was family style.

First time we went a couple years ago as a party of two and yes, we were seated with another couple. We didn't know any better and had to share food with them family style. It honestly wasn't a big issue and I'm a complete germophobe. Just use some utensils to serve and eat from your own plates.

Second time we went as a party of four, showed up early (we were first in line) and requested and got a table to ourselves.

My tip--show up early!!

As others have already stated much depends on the crowd. Back in 2012 we were seated at a long table of 12 and had to share. Luckily everyone was very thoughtful and used the utensils that were designated for that dish and also were not gluttons.

As others have already stated much depends on the crowd. Back in 2012 we were seated at a long table of 12 and had to share. Luckily everyone was very thoughtful and used the utensils that were designated for that dish and also were not gluttons.

We had the this same experience and really enjoyed it!

We did Rita's the first night of our allure cruise...spent sail away near the boardwalk so I popped my head in and asked for a table to ourselves and for a high chair. It was no problem. I always like to follow up in person on our cruises when it comes to reservations.